Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #1 
Joytattoo

first time

first time breeder whats happening itss been roughtly 48 hours since the eggs have been fertilized and now there falling like crazy why
Joytattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

If the "eggs" are moving, then they've hatched and start wriggling. Male should try to pick them up and return them to the nest. But he can't get to every single one. This is OK, fry should survive though male missed it.

But if the eggs haven't hatched and the nest is dispersing - they might not hatch at all. What is the temperature?
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #3 
Myates

Is the male still tending to the nest? Do you see any tails sticking out from the bottom of the nest?

I agree with indjo, if the male is picking them up then wouldn't worry about it - they should be hatching real soon (if not already). If he is ignoring them, then they may of not been fertilized or something had happened and he chose to stop for reasons only known to him. If he stopped, check the eggs/nest and see if you see any fungus growing - that could be another reason he stopped.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #4 
nataliey

i had a spawn recently and the male couldnt manage to pick all the eggs up so they hatched on the bottom of the tank, when hatched they wiggled up to the nest that was left and survived they are now 10 days old and looking good.

Sometimes males wont tend to their eggs as he knows theres something wrong with them or some that havent been fertilised.

I have my temperature in spawning tanks at 30 degrees C and they generally hatch between 24-36 hours.
nataliey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

I've had it where there were so many eggs he did his best but always missed some eggs

Males will usually eat the eggs if there is something wrong (not always the case, but usually is), or leave them if there is something wrong like the people before me posted.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote