Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #1 
BettaPirate

An unlikely friendship

I usually keep my cats away from the betta tank even though it's a 3 gallon with a lid and too heavy for them to knock over. Tonight I decided to let them be and my girl cat, Sparkle, has been playing with Jack Sparrow for 10 minutes! I am busting uo laughing because he is teasing her so bad. He darts at her and he knows she can't get him but she hasn't figured it out yet. SO FUNNY! I still don't want the cats aroun the tank when I'm gone but while I am in the room I will let them play from now on. Jack seems just as entertained as Sparkle does LOL!
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #2 
sainthogan

I don't have any cats of my own, but occasionally, my cousin's cats invite themselves over. The cats haven't seem to taken notice of the fish yet, but the fish have certainly noticed the cats. They get very excited and move around a lot trying to figure out what those furry creatures are. It's quite humorous, it will be interesting to see what happens when the cats finally notice the fish.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #3 
BettaPirate

Yeah, my cats didn't even care about the fish until I had him a couple weeks. Now the boy cat will sit and watch from a distance but he's not brave enough to go sit by the tank. The girl cat loves sitting right up next to the tank and tap the side with her paw.
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #4 
OrangeAugust

I found my cat drinking out of the tank one day. I didn't have a very good cover, and he was able to push his head under it.
Now in my divided 10 gallon, the cover I have is plastic canvas (the same stuff I used for my dividers), and I came home yesterday (twice) to one side of the cover pushed in and the divider being all crooked. I don't know what he's doing. He's stepping in it or something (he likes to sit in the windowsill behind it).
He has noticed my fish but seems more interested in drinking out of the tank than catching the fish.
I need to get a piece of glass cut to size to put over the tank or something. I can't put a hood on it because of the light I use.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote