Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #1 
Katy

Please help Keller-experience with finrot or vet pls...

My fave boy who had issues like this about a year ago now again has some fin issues- not as bad as before-

He's about 2.5 yo, in 10G filtered planted tank, alone. Water params are fine. Very spirited boy, gets 2-4 pellets 1x/day, lots of H2O changes, he had finrot 1yr ago and it took 4 months of dif treatment and water changes until he showed new growth.

Now it is not as bad- so I started with H2O changes and AQ salt for 10 days, it got worse. So started maracyn 1 and 2- then I saw some white areas, so added moroxy- today is day 5 of moroxy (7 days since the last H2O change) and he is not worse but not better.

Tomorrow I will do water change in his tank to get him out of this chemical milieu, and I will likely do AQ salt still, BUT I am considering whether I should do kanamycin and another afungal) both of which I have- after this water change???

Thoughts???
Katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #2 
babystarz

I worry about his immune system being overloaded with too many meds so close together, so if he's not close to death I would give him a week of just the AQ salt. I think most antibiotics continue to work for several days after you finish treatment so it could be they just haven't had a chance to turn the tide yet.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 AM   #3 
callistra

If all that's wrong is a little fin rot I would give him a break on all the meds. At least 2 weeks off before you go for Kanamyacin, although that's my first choice and it will probably take care of it.

Also.. you sure it's rot and he's not biting?

If you're running a filter all you have to do is a largish like 50% water change and put carbon in. That takes the meds out. Also hope you're not treating with salt with plants in there.. it will kill them.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote