Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #1 
ktbrew

The "Do I go back" question...

We all have that one fish that weighs heavy on our mind when we leave the LFS without him or her. I'm curious what tail type and color that specific one is and whether you did, didn't or are planning on going back to get that special lil friend....

Right now there is a blue and white marble halfmoon at my Petco that I am going to go to later today (dragging my husband along and give him the "if you loved me you would say yes" eyes).

Post pics if you did go back and get the one that tugged on your heartstrings!
ktbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Faced that dilemma last weekend at Petco & I did not go back. He was a beautiful pink with white trim on the fins (not new fin growth). They had him labeled as dragon scale half moon if I remember correctly. He was beautiful & I hadn't seen one that color. I know he's gone a week later but I'm tempted to go see if they have another one similar but I'm fighting the urge. I already have 5 tanks to clean.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #3 
fleetfish

I just did that today. I was xmas shopping, and stopped by the small LFS. They had a huge crowd in there so I just took a split second to see the shape the bettas were in, and noticed one gorgeous red butterfly VT .... but there were so many people crowding around me that I had to leave ... I HATE crowds. So I went and got my chocolate (3 lbs of it O_o ) and prayed that he was still there ... he was. I picked his cup up and waffled about bringing him home and it didn't take too long to make a decision. But then the whole store was excruciatingly crowded so I just left. anyway .... I'm thinking of going back to the mall tomorrow or Monday, and if he's still there he's mine :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #4 
ktbrew

Let us know if he's there! I hope he is! I 100% am the same way w.crowds.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #5 
LittleBlueFishlets

I went back, and he wasn't there anymore. He was a blue HM with a tiny bit of white and red around the edges.

Of course, I just got another one that's green, red and white. LOL
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #6 
shellieca
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
I went back, and he wasn't there anymore. He was a blue HM with a tiny bit of white and red around the edges.

Of course, I just got another one that's green, red and white. LOL
Christmas colors! I did that with another Betta saw one that I knew I should've bought & didn't. Went back & was gone so I bought another one. LOL
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #7 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
Christmas colors! I did that with another Betta saw one that I knew I should've bought & didn't. Went back & was gone so I bought another one. LOL
When I saw him, all I could think was "Gee, this is a PERFECT fish for this month's Christmas Betta Contest!"

He's acclimating right now, in fact. LOL
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #8 
ktbrew

Post a pic!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #9 
Maddybelle

LOL, two of my fish were "should I go back?" fish. It took me almost 2 weeks to go back for Gallifrey, and 1 week for Equinox. I'm currently trying to decide if I should go back for a really nice blue crowntail I saw at petco yesterday - perfect rays, no red wash, and exploding with personality. I kinda hid him, so hopefully he'll be there if I do decide to go back.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #10 
Neight

When I got my betta Kaiser, who was a complete 'I can't leave without him' fish on his own, I saw a red butterfly delta tail on the very top shelf of their barracks. I made the decision to go with Kaiser, a red white and blue grizzle veil tail, even though both butterflies and delta's are my favorite, and I convinced my mother to let my go back. Sadly he wasn't there, and despite my father making me promise if he wasn't, I wouldn't get another, I left the store with Nero, a red/black/green and white veil tail, anyways.
Neight is offline   Reply With Quote