Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #1 
Ganymede

Tailgate and Knock Out

hello uwu

i currently have two bettas, both sold as halfmoon doubletails (not entirely sure if this is what they actually are, though the petco here has employees who own/raise bettas and are fairly good at identifying them). their names are tailgate and knock out, after some of my favourite transformers.

tailgate's really nice and mellow, and likes to play tag with the tetras in his tank. knock out spends most of his time either racing round the tank or preening, so he's about the same as the robot he was named after.

'gate's got a bit of fin damage from when he moved into the 10gal a month ago, though it's been healing fairly well.
Attached Images

Ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

They are really pretty! As long as you give hime nice and clean water, Tailgate's fins should heal up nicely :)
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #3 
Ganymede

thanks -w- i've been making sure his water stays nice and clean (which is a trial, since my pleco's rather filthy). even went and bought a turkey baster to spot clean between water changes.

ko's acclimated to his new tank well, though he's rather upset that his snail friend is up near the waterline where he can't lay on him.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #4 
Kithy

Oh goodness, they're lovely! The more time I spend on here the more I want a betta /)^3^(\
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #5 
Ganymede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
Oh goodness, they're lovely! The more time I spend on here the more I want a betta /)^3^(\
GIVE IN TO THE URGE but be prepared for an addiction and a lot less money

i changed up tailgate's tank during the water change so he can explore more often. also used stress coat instead of regular conditioner in the hopes it will help his tail along more.

also added some new decos into knock out's tank, including a little soap dish filled with leaves from a broken silk plant. he likes looking at it, but he hasn't settled in it yet

photobomb courtesy of breakdown
Old 12-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #6 
angelus2402004

love the names.
angelus2402004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #7 
Ganymede

ko never stops moving, and i have a really crappy camera. you can't really tell but his body's now black with blue-silver iridescence and the silver lines on his fins have turned light blue and grown.

also, i've found out why 'gate's fins aren't healing - the tetras are nipping him near-constantly. whenever i see one of them sneaking up on him i shoo them away, but they always come back and 'gate doesn't do anything to stop them :l
Old 12-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #8 
rubinthebetta

Poor Tailgate. I hope those nasty little tetras stop biting his fins.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #9 
Ganymede

new betta uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinthebetta View Post
Poor Tailgate. I hope those nasty little tetras stop biting his fins.
yeah :l they've been slowly but surely getting more aggressive - they've even gone to stealing 'gate's pellets if he doesn't get to them fast enough. i've had to switch to feeding 'gate by hand now just so he gets a decent meal :l

and now i must introduce the new guy!

no name yet; petco's betta conditions were pretty terrible this week (found a rotting, moulding crowntail :c) and i'm gonna wait and see if he makes it through a few days. i think he will, though. he had a bit more pep than the others in the display uwu
Old 12-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #10 
nel3

is it just me or do tailgate and knock out sound like names from the transformer series?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote