Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #11 
Ganymede

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
is it just me or do tailgate and knock out sound like names from the transformer series?
that's what they're named after, yep!
tailgate is named for the idw comic more than meets the eye interpretation of said robot. his snail buddy cyclonus is named after comic tailgate's roommate.

knock out is named after the decepticon medic in transformers prime. his snail buddy breakdown is named after knock out's friend/assistant.

the tetras are named after the six decepticons from more than meets the eye, together called the scavengers. my pleco is named after an opera singer because it's funny i guess? someone else named him

if new guy doesn't have any problems then he'll be named after one of the purple decepticons. just have to decide which one...
Ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #12 
nel3

i love the transformer series mostly beast wars before and after they get to transformed/technoformed cybertron. the series when still on earth is the best one. i didnt watch any sort of series in the last 6 years or so until about a month ago when i decided to follow prime series.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #13 
Ganymede

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i love the transformer series mostly beast wars before and after they get to transformed/technoformed cybertron. the series when still on earth is the best one. i didnt watch any sort of series in the last 6 years or so until about a month ago when i decided to follow prime series.
prime is pretty great! i met steve blum and my friend won a personalised voice recording from him, and he declared us both official decepticons. animated and the more than meets the eye comic are my favourite series, though

back to fish - unfortunately the tetras had to go, because tailgate's fins were literally being eaten away. thankfully mum knew someone with a spare 10gal and they're off to a good home. 'gate'll be in a hospital tank over the holidays until his fins heal up more.

also, knock out had a little surprise for me when i got home from work uwu

the new fish is doing well, though he seems to have trouble figuring out that surface = food, and only goes after the pellets when they start to sink. he also spends a worrying amount of time floating at the surface. i'm trying to figure out if he's a piebald or if he's got some sort of growth on his face.

Ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote