Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #1 
stangant

massive amount of baby betta's...

Ok so we went into petsmart today to get some stuff and they just put a very large display of baby betta's. I was very confused by this, is this a new thing going around? These little ones were only maybe 3 cm long.

stangant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #2 
Ghost0741

Wow. You can just imagine how this sets up many betta deaths for first timers buying on the whim. I have never seen anything like this before. At least it looks like there doing better then walmart betta, with I think to be more volume of water for their sizes and all of the supplies are probably there. I hope theres a guide book there. Thank goodness for those bigger tanks in the background compared to those little ones right next to them.

That idea is cool and it's nice and all but there are too many of us out there who buy on the whim with not knowing what were getting into; I can imagine this growing and all "baby betta stations" will become like the situation with all little walmart cups and al that jazz.
Ghost0741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #3 
Gizmothefreaky

I know someone who just bought like six of those because they were cheap. When I tried to tell him he was wrong for doing it he stopped being friends with me. Oh well... I don't need stupid people in my life, feel bad for his bettas though.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #4 
RoMay

Great-first-pet? MINNOWS are great first pets, bettas are not. Wonder how many will die of over feeding or if they refuse pellets well as well as all the other obvious factors. I would love to raise a baby betta, but I am SO not ready for the responsibility of something so small. I've seen them at petco when I got my first betta.

Last edited by RoMay; 12-13-2012 at 04:16 AM.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #5 
Myates

Sadly this has been going on for a while.. these babies are too young for people with no knowledge/experience to keep alive :( So many of these little ones pass on shortly after going to their new home.

Grr on Petco.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote