Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #1 
VeilTail

New to FishKeeping:)

I'm new to fish keeping (since May 2012) and I currently have 5 Bettas, one Veiltail female, a male VeilTail, a Crowntail Male, and two babies I bought today:) I also have 2 ADFs that reside in a 10 gallon tank with my female Isha. I have one question, is 2.5 gallons enough room for a new baby Betta to feel roomy? It has a filter, and a heater.
VeilTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #2 
Kithy

Welcome to the site ^_^

It should be alright for a baby just make sure the filter system isn't too powerful for him and there's no way he can be sucked into it.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #3 
bettaluver14

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeilTail View Post
I'm new to fish keeping (since May 2012) and I currently have 5 Bettas, one Veiltail female, a male VeilTail, a Crowntail Male, and two babies I bought today:) I also have 2 ADFs that reside in a 10 gallon tank with my female Isha. I have one question, is 2.5 gallons enough room for a new baby Betta to feel roomy? It has a filter, and a heater.
For just one baby betta? perfect! i have my male veiltail in a 2.5gal now and he is fully grown and happy... i'm upgrading him to at least a 1/2gal bigger but for a baby that's great
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #4 
VeilTail

Thanks! I have the tank coming in the mail, and didn't want to worry if it was way to small. I feed them both First Bites, is that good? Its like a powder, that eat it up, but I have never had babies, so I'm clueless on the subject!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #5 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeilTail View Post
Thanks! I have the tank coming in the mail, and didn't want to worry if it was way to small. I feed them both First Bites, is that good? Its like a powder, that eat it up, but I have never had babies, so I'm clueless on the subject!
Yes that sounds like it will work, you can also supplement with frozen baby brine shrimp if you've got a Petsmart near you :) Babies LOVE bbs.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #6 
VeilTail

Have those too, but I'm afraid they are too small to eat brine shrimp. I bought them for my ADFs, and they seem to love them.