Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #1 
Xaltd1

Do My Bettas Look OK?

Hi AGAIN, Everyone!
You are all so helpful.
I have pictures of my fish! Poor quailty, but I think they'll show up OK.
Here's my beautiful little female CT. Her eyes are black- is that OK? What is the black on her abdomen- fish poop? The purple blobs are those glass aggregates; you can see she's pretty small.
Attached Images

Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #2 
Dozzem

She looks rather healthy to me. I have (well had, because he turned black later) a white betta with black eyes, its normal and really pretty! Looks like she might marble, change color in a random and pretty way, like mine did!

She looks pretty good but I am no expert so maybe someone else's opinion would help as well.
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #3 
Xaltd1

Other Baby Girl Betta

Here's the fish that causes me consternation. She (I assume that's an egg spot) was a dark blue/green with purple fins when I bought her; now she's basically colorless and striped!!! I'm thinking she's a veil tail.
(Her buddy is behind her- they seem to like each othervery much.)
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #4 
Xaltd1

Here's My Boy

An EE Plakat. He's really purple; the photo shows more red.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #5 
shellieca
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
Here's the fish that causes me consternation. She (I assume that's an egg spot) was a dark blue/green with purple fins when I bought her; now she's basically colorless and striped!!! I'm thinking she's a veil tail.
(Her buddy is behind her- they seem to like each othervery much.)
Your 1st Betta looks like one of my female CT's who went from purple on the fins to blue which is spreading onto her body, kind of neat to watch. Your 2nd Betta looks stressed, pale & horizontal lines. What size tank are they in? Your male is very pretty.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #6 
Xaltd1

The 2 girls are in a 5 gal w/filter & heater. She (the striped one) is extremely frisky and is always begging for food. She doesn't act stressed.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #7 
shellieca
Reference Team

IMO the 5g is too small for multiple females. My dark color females look like that when stressed, they change from a deep violet/purple/navy to what yours looks like & then go back to,their normal color when they've calmed down, they don't act any different. Just my experience.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #8 
Xaltd1

Yes; after many replies to my questions, it seems I need a 20 gal for the girls (and maybe some small tankmates) and move Mr. betta to the 5 gal.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #9 
shellieca
Reference Team

You can do a 10g if its heavily planted with real or silk plants & some caves. I've done that before but now all my girls are in a 46g & my boys moved up to the 10g tanks.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #10 
Myates

Definitely upgrade the tank and you will need more than 2 females... the reason the one is showing her camo/stress stripes is due to not enough females - in time the more dominant one will go after the other with devastating effects. Need a minimum of 4 females in a minimum of 10g to give them the best chance at being somewhat peaceful.

Otherwise, pretty fish you have :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote