Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #11 
rafa2k

Ok, so I have a total of 5 Anacharis plants in the tank right now. The smallest terracotta potters I found were 4 1/2" which turned out to be way to big to have more than 1. So I'm hunting down some 2 1/2" that I saw on dollartree.com. I also ordered 4 Java plants and 3 Java Moss to add. Should be here some time this week.

More pictures to come :)
rafa2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #12 
OrangeAugust

Get some Fanwort as a floating plant (also known as "Frill Plant" at Petsmart). I'm a huge fan of fanwort. hehe. It's similar to hornwort but I think it looks a lot nicer. It's very pretty and delicate-looking. Bright green. My female loves weaving over and under the stems. You could also tie it to a rock or weigh it down some other way and it looks nice. Unlike hornwort, you can plant it in the substrate, but mine didn't start growing roots until I had really good lighting, so I find weighing it down or letting it float is best. It tends to shed a lot, though, but it's easy enough to vacuum it up with a gravel vac.

Last edited by OrangeAugust; 12-18-2012 at 10:24 AM.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #13 
rafa2k

Thanks OrangeAugust, I'll check it out. Lately though the plants at my petsmart have looked horrible. They look like they're dead already and the Anacharis looks like black mold. I really don't like the Petco plants either, they never look good.

I will check a couple of other Petsmart stores in the area.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #14 
rafa2k

Quick update:

The girls are looking really good. They are still in QT in their little mason jars but they are swimming about nicely and seem pretty active. They are eating their pellets just fine and I can't wait to see them in their new tank. I have to keep forcing myself to let them be, they need more time in QT and their not mine, they're my daughters. Have to keep saying that over and over :)