Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have heard of a species that can be mixed with glass shrimp tha can hurt prey. Yours looks okay. Could be Ammonia problems. Cardinal Tetras deaths can mean that.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

Kim, it could be that the shrimp are harrassing the betta. If I remember correctly, something like that happened to Aunt Kymmie who used to be a moderator here.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It might have been that predator species.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #14 
LebronTheBetta

Choc, you already said that the shrimp look okay. Changed your mind so quickly? I always wonder why you always post unneeded comments.

I think the shrimp are doing something to your betta. They also seem to be a hazard if 2 are the same size. Personally, I would remove the shrimp from the tank. Any ragged fins?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #15 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Kim, it could be that the shrimp are harrassing the betta. If I remember correctly, something like that happened to Aunt Kymmie who used to be a moderator here.
Yeah, DQ that is what I'm thinking..I haven't seen it yet, but they are so active and big. I really want to move some of the bigger shrimp, but I don't know where I would move them to..all my tanks are occupied!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #16 
Reefing Madness
Banned

Bigger tank possibly?
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #17 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Choc, you already said that the shrimp look okay. Changed your mind so quickly? I always wonder why you always post unneeded comments.

I think the shrimp are doing something to your betta. They also seem to be a hazard if 2 are the same size. Personally, I would remove the shrimp from the tank. Any ragged fins?
Thanks Lebron..yeah, a couple of the shrimp are the same (large) size, and there is like one smaller one. And yes, this betta has a couple nips in his fins, and I don't think he is biting them himself. I just don't know what to do with the shrimp.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #18 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness View Post
Bigger tank possibly?
I wish I could get a bigger one, but not possible right now. I'm still dreaming of the 20g long lol..I have two 10g planted tanks, one 5.5, one 5g and one 2.5 lol, all occupied and, no funds for another set up.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #19 
Bettanewbie60

And the two cardinal tetras I lost were a while back..and two separate incidents..one was just ill when I got it, and the other got injured when it got stuck on the filter intake...my water prams are perfect.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post

Not Betta the person DQ was talking about. Would not surprise me if the Cardinals were harressing him.