Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #1 
TheClaymore101

Smile Betta advice needed

Hey guys! I'm getting a Betta soon! I'm so excited!! Do you guys have any advice for me?
TheClaymore101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Well, did you do your research from multiple sites?
Just read all the stickies here and don't listen to employees.

Make sure to get a tank above 1-2.5 gallons, get an adjustable heater, a thermometer, conditioner, all those basic stuff. Hiding spots, and don't put more than 1 betta in a tank unless it's a divided between boys or a sorority of 4 girls or more. Sororities are more advanced, so you should learn about that in the future. Cycle your tank if the tank is not so small, and don't procrastinate when you do water changes.
Do you have any questions, non the less?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #3 
Jessa24

1. Research! I can't stress that enough.
2. Never put two male bettas together unless divided and if divided 5 gal is the minimum
3. Get a tank that is at least 2.5 gal...just because bettas can live in small spaces doesn't mean they like it.
4. Be sure to have a heater that can keep your tank at 78-80 F...also have a thermometer so you can always keep an eye on the temp.
5. If you have a small tank with no filter make sure you don't slack on your water changes. For a bigger tank get a filter.
6. Have some good substrate and have some hiding spots and silk or real plants. They love it. You can use plastic plants but do the pantyhose test on them first.
7. Have your tap water conditioner, betta pellets food, and test strips on hand before getting your fishie friend.

Good luck!
Jessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #4 
BettaPirate

HEATER HEATER HEATER!!! No one told me about a heater and the fact sheet from the pet store said it was optional and I couldn't figure out why my fishie was so sad. Then a friend had upgraded her heater and gave me her old one and once I added it my fishies was as happy as can be!
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #5 
TheClaymore101

Thanks guys! I did a little research as well. Thanks so much!!
TheClaymore101 is offline   Reply With Quote