Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #11 
DragonFish

An online stocking guide is just what it is....a GUIDE. Helpful to get a sense of how to stock a tank, but I personally don't think it should be followed exactly. Fish keeping and stocking isn't quite so black and white, and especially with smaller species there IS a little wiggle room. Plus, each setup is different, a guide like that can't possibly account for everything.

Plus I highly doubt an extra small fish is going to push the tank so dangerously over stocking that its not an option. Fully stocked? Yes. Horribly over stocked? I don't think so. The corys will appreciate the extra friends a little more then the bettas will anyway. So long as regular water changes are maintained and the tank has established its cycle already, I don't see the problem.

Last edited by DragonFish; 12-18-2012 at 12:26 PM.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #12 
FishyFishy89

IMHO, I'd rather not take the risk when (yes) a GUIDE states the tank will be nearly stocked. Especially when it states the stocking percentage will be 94-99%
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #13 
DragonFish

Well, IMO, an extra small fish is really all that massive of a risk or that big of a deal. Obviously it'd be the limit for the tank, but not so much so that it would cause a big problem, if any at all.

But is just a suggestion, an opinion from another point of view, something I thought I'd toss out there because I noticed no one else had is all.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote