Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #1 
stareyes

Leaving him alone for break...

So I have had General Finn for over 2 months now and I have to say I am incredibly attached. I can't believe how addicting bettas are. I am already planning on getting a second one in the new year :). I have never left him alone for more than a night, and I leave for Christmas break in a few days. My boyfriend will be here with him for most of it, and it is only for like 10 days, but I am so nervous about leaving him behind lol!!! While he is technically both of our's, I am the one who does all the feeding and water changes so I am little anxious haha! Did anyone else feel this way the first time they left their betta??
stareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #2 
aemaki09

i feel like this all the time! I normally only leave them for a night at a time but if it ends up being more i get anxiety.
I recently got a baby betta from petco and knowing that he/she needs fed more often than my others freaks me out too! Luckily I have live food cultures and they survive 24 hrs in water)
And now I have a mystery sickness taking over my sorority one by one so I will be refusing to leave for more than a day until it clears up, even if its christmas day.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #3 
stareyes

I'm glad I am not alone!! Yikes!!! That is really stressful :( No I wouldn't want to leave them alone at all either!! General Finn had fin rot the last couple of weeks and I was so stressed he wouldn't be better before I went away xD I really hope they get better soon!! Nothing worse than not knowing how to help them :(
stareyes is offline   Reply With Quote