Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #61 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I agree that we need a sticky stating the purpose of the show section. We'll see what we can do.
How about making this thread a forum that only certain posters can post in. I have seen this on other boards. You have to have a special admin permission to post under certain topics.

That way the elite breeder's group with just a little valuable time to spare from their own forums won't be bothered!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #62 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The Admins not here that much.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #63 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
How about making this thread a forum that only certain posters can post in. I have seen this on other boards. You have to have a special admin permission to post under certain topics.

That way the elite breeder's group with just a little valuable time to spare from their own forums won't be bothered!
IMHO this would defeat the purpose of this entire forum... While I am not a breeder now, I do plan to in the future and i find being able to interact directly with the more experienced folks around here very useful and informative.

I'm all for the sticky suggestion though.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #64 
Hijae

hes a young crowntail dobble rays
Hijae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #65 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post
IMHO this would defeat the purpose of this entire forum... While I am not a breeder now, I do plan to in the future and i find being able to interact directly with the more experienced folks around here very useful and informative.

Then you would apply for and get access to the forum. easy peasy

It's pretty obvious on a daily basis that not many newbs read the stickies.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #66 
Basement Bettas

Quote:

This is not to be an elite breeders group. However, it should be taken serious by everyone and respected as yet another area of the hobby. And you need to grow up and stop just causing trouble. None of the cheap shots bother me one way or another, none of them will affect my goals or the fish I produce, none will make me give a bad [in show terms] fish a good review.. and you just make yourself look a fool. This area was created to give most people who have no idea about showing bettas a chance to see up close what it is. You have no right to take that away from those truly interested. If it is not your thing then should respect those that may be interested and allow this one section to be what it was set up for. And stop posts and thinking you are going to make me feel bad. Some people appreciate the time I do take. You obviously do not.. so go to another section since you really are not interested in show fish..

Last edited by Reefing Madness; 12-30-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Shots at other Members must not happen.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #67 
registereduser

I was making suggestions for everyone to be happy.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #68 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:

I disagree with limiting access to this forum. I am not a breeder - but I'm interested in all this, and I'm learning. If I am prohibited from posting here, then I won't be able to ask questions. The same applies to others who want to learn. And what about people who want to become involved with showing? If they're denied access to this forum, they'd lose out on a valuable source of information!

I'm new to both Bettas and this forum - but I very much appreciate that people, on ALL the forums of this site, have taken the time to answer my naive questions.

A lot of people in this world might simply have said, "Go figure it out on your own." But that hasn't happened here - in ANY forum on this site. Whether my questions were about bloating, tail biting, genetics or breeding, I've always received well-thought-out, quality answers.

I do understand why access to the Classifieds forum requires 100+ posts. But I would hate to see access to other forums limited to a particular group of people.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #69 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post

Dramaqueen has posted a sticky: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=124114
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #70 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
I disagree with limiting access to this forum. I am not a breeder - but I'm interested in all this, and I'm learning. If I am prohibited from posting here, then I won't be able to ask questions. The same applies to others who want to learn. And what about people who want to become involved with showing? If they're denied access to this forum, they'd lose out on a valuable source of information!
You wouldn't be denied access as long as you want to actually show/learn to show bettas and not just ask for your pet store fish to be critiqued.

Just tired of seeing kids made to feel bad.