Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #1 
zaphekiel

Algae wafer stealing little booger!

So I have a tank that is shared by 3 oto cats, and a 12 week old betta booger... I have read much about them being little piglets.. but tonight it was just hilarious to see my little man going nuts over the algae wafer... I was pretty sure it was not good for him so after laughing for a couple minutes as the otos and betta were muscling each other around I scooped betta out and let the otos eat in peace for an hour.

I fed the otos some cuke last week and even that was interesting enough for him to peck at. So.. should I just separate him for an hour every 3rd day, or what is the best option? I could just feed more veggies if that will be less harmful to betta baby than the algae wafers. I may try feeding late at night, but I am worried that he will gorge himself in the dark.. I will have to fast him tomorrow.. the little booger!

So is separating him going to stress him out? After I put him back in he immediately went to where the pellet was (as I had taken it out) and searched the whole tank for the darned thing! Anyone else with this issue? Thanks! Silly little dude :) I may have to take a video... silly fishies XD
zaphekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #2 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
Don't know about otos, but if they're nocturnal, dropping the wafer in right as you're turning out the lights for the night. Its not as interesting in the dark. :)
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #3 
homegrown terror

our little boy Hannibal does that...last time we put a wafer in for the mystery snail in his tank, we cut it into quarters and put them all around the tank, and hannibal spent the rest of the evening swimming around with a piece in his mouth like a dog with a bone. it was adorable.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote