I'm going insane with Eros's tailbiting. I never seen him chase his tail but because he bites it like this:
He goes to one of the corners of the tank and then tilts using the glass to help him reach his tail. And when it regrows he goes to biting again, I've tried the following:
- Moving decor
- Adding decor
- Removing decor
- Decorating outside of the tank
- Dimming the lights
- Turning off the lights and using only natural light
- changing foods
- changing substrate
- Putting the female's tank near him
I don't have no idea what to do, and he's not having fin rot which is good.
There is a few things I haven't tried which is,
- Putting him in a smaller tank
- Putting him in a bigger tank
He's in a 4g, and my bigger thank is a 5g... Im not sure if to try because it's only 1g more... I could try putting him in the 2g, it has rounded sides as it is a cilinder, and perhaps it could stop him...
- Skittish, he doesn't say hi to me unless wanted to be fed.
- Swims away from my finger when he sees I have no food.
-4g with stress coat
-Temp 25 C
- water: Perfomed a water change yesterday, so it should be fine.
suggestions that I haven't done yet are welcome Q_Q