Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #1 
jude

my new baby boys

i don't know if i did this right so i will take another chance. I have 5 beautiful bettas in 1 gal. bowls in which i bought them. I love them much. but i know they are cold. I am keeping them clean. How can i warm them to temp needed. Can i use a reptile heater under the glass vase? i don't want to give them away. I love them. help.... please Jude
jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #2 
willow

hello and welcome.
Can i be perfectly honest with you here if i may.
1 gallon bowl is not big enough. :(
you need to buy them bigger tanks,with a filter and a heater.
then you will truely get the very best from your fish.
they will become more active and their colours will be
more vibrant too.
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #3 
jude

[img]htt://imagebbb0015]alt+p I wish i could afford tanks and heaters for all of thes 5 boys, no space not, bucolas( did i know before,not) I don't want to have to give them away,I love them named them and enjoy the inlterations with them( we are seniors, costs are limited) I wish i could send a photo with this. I keep there water clean, they eat well, and i clean well. Just want to know if i can use the Reptile heaters underneathe the glass bowls to keep them a correct temperature. someone must know. of course the store will sell you anything. I wrap them in warm scarves every night,, ( makes me feel better) hoping to keep them warmer. ther must be an answer, somewhere. Please where are the instructions on uploading or attaching photos. I have one regular betta, three crowntails, and one moontail , amazing creatures , would love to share. thank so very much, truly,, Jude[/img]
jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #4 
Flashygrrl

I know you love them and want to give them the best so that's why if you can't afford to provide each of them with at least a 2.5 gallon tank(5 gallons being optimal), filter and heater then it's best for their health to consider finding new homes for them. Otherwise you're drastically shortening the life of each one of them and they are probably not too happy. Consider it a bit more from their point of view.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:19 AM   #5 
Dtld9

One gallons are definately too small for them. When I found this out I moved my Betta to a 2.5G and you can tell he's alot happier. He flaunts his fins, swims around, and his color has Definately improved.
Dtld9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #6 
StickyGreen

1G bowl sucks...its like being stuck in one room of the house all day
StickyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #7 
Oldman47

A suggestion for your space and fish issues. The fish would do better if you could keep them warmer and I can understand not having the room for 5 tanks. What might work would be to get a 10 gallon and the dividers they make for them. The 10 would probably take up less room than 5 individual 1 gallon bowls and would let you heat and filter the water so they could all be comfortable.
Another option would be to build some kind of enclosure that you could then keep warm enough for the bettas. With all their bowls inside, you would not be trying to heat each one individually. The down side to this approach is that you would still need to do lots of water changes to keep their water clean enough.
Oldman47 is offline   Reply With Quote