Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #1 
hannah16

Question Advice?

So, I went to PetCo and checked to see if this delta tail was still there. He was a sheen white with turquoise/green spots. He wasn't. I'm praying he found a good home.

But the fish that was still there was the solid white EE betta. He's $19.99 and honestly, I feel like he's going to sit there and rot... He's still healthy and wants to be taken home. He perked up the instant he saw me.. I feel like buying him and adopting him out..

Is anyone interested? I'd adopt him out for $12 plus the shipping which should be right about $15 for the box and packaging needed.. I really don't want him to die

Other wise.. do you guys think I should just leave him? I'm really not into pasty whites like this, but he's got a personality and I know someone will want him..

Lastly, I spoke to the fish employee whom seemed to know about proper fish care including sicknesses and such and she informed me that they get there bettas from Thailand. So I do think he came from good genetics!

Advice?! Leave him, take him? WHAT SHOULD I DO!? I'm so conflicted. I've been buying extra tanks (1-2 gallons) so he'll have room. Without a heater, the warmest room in my house keeps the water at 80-82*..

Also..

Last edited by hannah16; 12-18-2012 at 04:22 PM.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #2 
RandyTheBettaFish

If you can, take him. I'd be willing to adopt him, but I'm currently busy with a spawn so I can't, sorry.
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #3 
DragonFish

Awwww, hes still there? Poor thing...D:

I think you should definitely go pick him up, keep him temporarily in one of the smaller tanks on a shelf in your warmest room so he stays nice and toasty. I bet if you get him and post in the classifieds, someone will snatch him up right away....I'm still really tempted, but I have plans of getting a new boy just this weekend....and if I start getting live fish in the mail I feel my mom might have a fit. xD;
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #4 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Awwww, hes still there? Poor thing...D:

I think you should definitely go pick him up, keep him temporarily in one of the smaller tanks on a shelf in your warmest room so he stays nice and toasty. I bet if you get him and post in the classifieds, someone will snatch him up right away....I'm still really tempted, but I have plans of getting a new boy just this weekend....and if I start getting live fish in the mail I feel my mom might have a fit. xD;
Yeah, he was still there! I couldn't believe it either. I thought for sure someone would buy him by now. I mean, it's only been 2weeks? But still, he's so feisty.

The other Multi-Color EE at the other Petco was adopted ( I HOPE! Last time I was there that Petco had 8!!!! Dead bettas on the shelf ) so I thought by now he would be adopted too
Old 12-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #5 
DragonFish

Yeah, no kidding....:/ Poor thing....and he looks just like an EE version of my little Draco(now passed).

Well....if you get him, and for some reason I don't get a new boy this weekend and no one else around here is interested by Christmas....I'd probably be interested in taking him in anyway. xD
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #6 
hannah16

Haha, okay. I'm going to probably pick him up on Thursday if he's still there. REALLY hoping a good home snatches up his cute face. Like I said, normally not into pasty whites, but I like his personality. Someone else that likes the pasty whites will hopefully adopt this guy.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Definitely. :) Best of luck!!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #8 
hannah16

I didn't see him there. I looked around the fish area, I think he was purchased because he wouldn't get sick and die in three days right?

I'll check back, maybe they were moving fish around.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #9 
DragonFish

Awww D: Well, hopefully someone with a nice tank at home picked him up!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #10 
hannah16

I hope so. I'd hate to find him there next time and realized they just had him in the back for whatever reason. I'll probably stop by sometime next week. (Getting new things for our dobie puppy :3!!!!!!!!)