Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #41 
Goldie2nd

Oh Guys I did a small website on Basic Betta Care check it out and give me opinions and advise even join if you'd like.

www.basicbettacare.webs.com
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #42 
Goldie2nd

So my boyfriend and I decided that we would be saving 3-5 Bettas at a time. As to not overwhelm ourselves. I got $100 going to the project right now so this is some sort of start. I will continue to UD all of you as I go along. Either way is still ways to go but a good starting point is coming a long :)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #43 
AyalaCookiejar

I would find it pretty difficult :p not because I wouldn't love to save bettas but because I would get so attached to each of the rescues and not want to part with them... Haha. Ask syriven she has a female rescue she named Demi and she did not want to part with her!! But she ended up getting to keep her :)

Also I'm not so sure I know anyone around here I could give them to that I would trust to take good care of them.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #44 
Goldie2nd

I also have a 10g tank with heater and filter I was thinking of housing Female Bettas in this one. Then get some other tanks from 1.8 to 3g tanks for individual male Bettas. Also get a bunch of Hospital Tanks. Does this sound good?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #45 
Goldie2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I would find it pretty difficult :p not because I wouldn't love to save bettas but because I would get so attached to each of the rescues and not want to part with them... Haha. Ask syriven she has a female rescue she named Demi and she did not want to part with her!! But she ended up getting to keep her :)

Also I'm not so sure I know anyone around here I could give them to that I would trust to take good care of them.
Good point I would give them to friends and people I know. I guess if anything I might just do a mini Rescue of just some females and a few Males for myself is something but I really would want to adopt some out to people I know will care for them.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #46 
AyalaCookiejar

You would need to get all the females for the 10 gallon at the same time and make sure they are all healthy first... Plus, all the tanks would need to be heated.

I would also take into account the cost to decorate the tanks. The ten gallon would need to be heavily decorated.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #47 
Goldie2nd

The 10g tank has a heater and a bunch of deco in it is fully stocked I just need to move back to FL and get it started again, I would buy all the females at the same time and see where it goes. Thanks though :)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #48 
AyalaCookiejar

Would you have heaters for your smaller tanks and hospital tanks, though? I saw that the 10 gallon was heated I just didn't know if it was decorated.. Heaters can get so expensive, I have to float my boys hospital tank in his 5 gallon :(
Old 12-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #49 
Goldie2nd

I would have heaters for all the tanks. As much heaters I can get then depending on heaters I would get the exact number of tanks.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #50 
AyalaCookiejar

Ah I wish I could do that! :)