Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #1 
xEclair3x

White Spot

I have a general question: Is it normal for King Crowntail Bettas to have a white spot on their bodies?

I have this kind of betta, and he just recovered from Columnaris. He looks fine and healed after 5 and a half days of treatment with Maracyn 2. He's back to being active and his fins/tail are almost full. But I noticed a white spot near his tail. It's not purely white, but very pale pink that looks almost white. It's about 1/4 of his whole entire body, and it's spread to the top of his back. I'm not sure if this is normal in Bettas or not. It got much smaller after treatment, but seemed to grow again over this week. It's just that his fins/tail are still growing significantly instead of rotting, and he's very active. These are opposite effects of Columnaris. Plus, I think he's pretty young (his beard just started showing), and I'm not sure if he's just going through a phase where he's changing color. Or maybe it's the fact that the temperature increased and caused him to change color; it's much warmer this week, and he seems to be lighter in color in general. I looked up pictures of Bettas on Google, but I didn't see any with a light spot near the tail except for one... I'm worried that the spot might be a side effect of Columnaris, and that it's returning.

Last edited by xEclair3x; 12-18-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: better diction
xEclair3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #2 
Fabian

Could you post a picture?
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #3 
SuperNoob

does it look like this? The peeps on here diagnosed my guy as having body rot.

SuperNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #4 
xEclair3x

Yikes! I hope your Betta turns out okay SuperNoob. Thanks for the replies every one.

Actually, I'm sure he's okay. Yesterday, I looked at him and saw that the spot went from light pink to bright blue. Plus, it was on his back but went away. It matches the shade of blue on his tail-he's fine. I think it was just the temperature change.
xEclair3x is offline   Reply With Quote