Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #1 
callistra

Experience with Fluval C2 in a 10g?

Does anyone have experience using a Fluval c2 in a 10g aquarium with their betta? I have an Aqueon 20 and while it does a good job of keeping the water clear and I'm happy with the quality I am sick of the grinding noise coming from the motor/impeller. I doubt my fish like it either as when I put my ear to the tank it's quite loud.

I tried to do a forum search but I couldn't find anything aside from the name popping up a couple times. On other forums most people seem to suggest aquaclear over fluval cs but I've not seen anyone with actual experience in both or anyone who has experience with fluval recommending aquaclear.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #2 
Silverfang

I used the C3... I replaced it first chance I got. I had so much better luck with aqua clears.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #3 
callistra

Okay.. well I guess I can get used to loud grinding across the room if my fish can get used to it..

I replaced the black motor btw and SILENCE.. for several minutes and now just as loud as ever. I give up.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #4 
DiiQue

Could you just have a bad unit that should be replaced by manufacturer? Probably too late now that you changed the motor, but I'd be interested to see if that is a common problem with the model you have or a one off issue.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #5 
Silverfang

I have no idea about the grinding. But I do know I would choose an aqua clear over a fluval filter any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Strange... considering they are both made by hagen.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #6 
finnfinnfriend

She was saying aqueon not aquaclear...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #7 
callistra

I meant aquaclear though.. haha interesting what I meant was actually read.. that's what I get for posting too late at night :)
Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #8 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
I meant aquaclear though.. haha interesting what I meant was actually read.. that's what I get for posting too late at night :)
I am too literal lol XP
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #9 
Silverfang

I saw your other thread :P I knew what you meant
Old 12-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #10 
Oldfishlady

I know this may not help with a 10gal-But I use the Fluval C3 in my 55gal and it works okay...It is quiet...Not sure how the C2 would do in a 10gal

I changed from the aquaclear due to the noise they make..lol...I have 3 of the big ones gathering dust....lol....plus, I didn't like them with live plants-too much agitation at the surface that can drive off the CO2-The Fluval C3 doesn't cause too much agitation at the surface.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote