Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #21 
Viva

Sorry for all your losses :( That is really unfotunate. If it was the entire batch of bettas hasn't the pet store gotten multiple complaints and done something about it?

I also suggest getting Seachem Prime for your water conditioner...its extrememly potent and lasts for ages (you only need 1-2 drops per gallon, I use 2). It helps with the slime coat as well but you can add in some StressCoat which has aloe in it. I only use Stresscoat when I am treating my betta in his hospital tank, though.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #22 
Lizdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Sorry for all your losses :( That is really unfotunate. If it was the entire batch of bettas hasn't the pet store gotten multiple complaints and done something about it?

I also suggest getting Seachem Prime for your water conditioner...its extrememly potent and lasts for ages (you only need 1-2 drops per gallon, I use 2). It helps with the slime coat as well but you can add in some StressCoat which has aloe in it. I only use Stresscoat when I am treating my betta in his hospital tank, though.
Thanks. You'd think they would have. I haven't heard anything about complaints though. It happened with the fish from two different PetSmarts. I wonder if it's the same supplier. Not getting another from either store again. I did end up buying Seachem Prime.
Lizdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #23 
sunlight

i think it good idea to check the water in the store. How is your guppy doing?
Also if your water is fine i think your last resort you can order betta from breeder. It a few people on this forum who breeds them and it safe to buy betta from them. Let me know if you need help. Sorry for all trouble that you have.

sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote