Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

Nice bucket?

I really want this bucket for my water changes now....http://www.amazon.com/Casabella-6244...eywords=bucket

lol what do you think? Nice huh? It even has marks at the gallon marks so you know how much water you are taking out.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #2 
finnfinnfriend

I know it's kind of a dumb question, but don't you think this would be nice for water changes for a 5 gallon?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #3 
Viva

Yeah it looks nice but I wish it would show how the gallons are marked inside. I bought a blue one that was advertised as a feed bucket for horses and you can barely read the markings on the inside. It is pretty nice though. Mine is a 4 gallon also but is differently shaped:

I think a taller one would be better than a shallow one because there's a smaller chance of getting the floor soaking wet if you fill it up too much =p
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #4 
FishyFishy89

I've seen some at walmart. But as a horse owner, I use a feed bucket as well.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Yeah it looks nice but I wish it would show how the gallons are marked inside. I bought a blue one that was advertised as a feed bucket for horses and you can barely read the markings on the inside. It is pretty nice though. Mine is a 4 gallon also but is differently shaped:

I think a taller one would be better than a shallow one because there's a smaller chance of getting the floor soaking wet if you fill it up too much =p
It does have gallon marks. Thats one of the reasons I want it. I also like that the one I posted has a spout because I am very clumsy :P
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #6 
finnfinnfriend

Do buckets have to be food safe for aquarium use? I sure hope not...
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #7 
FishyFishy89

I would make sure it is. Some buckets are lined with chemicals or non animal safe paint is used. Thats why i used a grain bucket(besides having tons of em)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #8 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I would make sure it is. Some buckets are lined with chemicals or non animal safe paint is used. Thats why i used a grain bucket(besides having tons of em)
Well I guess I've been killing my fish for the past year....Ive never seen a painted plastic bucket
Old 12-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #9 
finnfinnfriend

Oh never mind. It's not that hard to find food safe buckets. I found this helpful article :) http://m.wikihow.com/Identify-Food-Grade-Buckets
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #10 
MSG

I have the Real Simple & Oxo brand one.

OXO is my choice because the measuring area is angled & designed into the plastic.

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Angl.../dp/B0007VO0EO

Buckets for water changes & aquarium use don't need to be FOOD grade plastic, but should be labeled once you bring it home so no one accidentally uses more toxic chemicals in them.

I use the OXO bucket exclusively for floor cleaning type duties. Personally it sits too low for water changes & the lip of the bucket is too wide.

For water changes, I use these......

But I need to switch to one of these instead since water pours without splashing.

Or this 4G square pail.

Plenty of options & colors available.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote