Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #21 
bryanacute

No matter what, your going to have to cull. Some at home breeders buy a cichlid or two so they can feed them the deformed bettas or the amount of ones they can't take care of.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #22 
Basement Bettas

Veil tail.. and why is this in the show section?
Not a show question, not a show fish.. ? Are there not other sections for what is my fish?
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm moving this to betta care.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #24 
TheCheese909

BB, in the OP's defense if you're not looking super closely the section names can be a bit misleading. "Betta Pictures" and "Show Bettas" can get confusing if you don't see one before the other. I think it should be "Show Quality Bettas", I think that may be a bit easier to tell the difference from, since both are about showing off your Betta photos. It's a common issue that you don't need to take personally.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #25 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheese909 View Post
BB, in the OP's defense if you're not looking super closely the section names can be a bit misleading. "Betta Pictures" and "Show Bettas" can get confusing if you don't see one before the other. I think it should be "Show Quality Bettas", I think that may be a bit easier to tell the difference from, since both are about showing off your Betta photos. It's a common issue that you don't need to take personally.
gotcha.. makes more sense and understandable.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #26 
Butterfly

Veil tail :) And he's a cute one. Personally, I like veil tails. But I'm not a show-person, just a hobbyist ^_^

BTW--please do plenty of research before breeding. I'm sure plenty of people on here with breeding experience would be more than happy to tell you what they do, what their first experiences were like, etc.

AAanddd, if you feel like the breeding thing will be too much to deal with, there's always aquabid where you can find your pure black betta! :D

Good luck :)
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #27 
Myates

Since you've been told a dozen+ times what he is.. I would also like to point out he does have fin rot which should be treated prior to doing much with him right now -

2tsp of AQ salt per gallon (dissolved prior to placing him in it), daily 100% water changes adding in new salt + conditioner each time, continue daily for no longer than 10-14 days. That should help with the rot going on... after that you will need to condition him and the female for a couple weeks on top quality food + live food.

Then you will need a breeding tank, a grow out tank, individual jars for all the juvies that start becoming aggressive, a way to heat everything, live plants, different types of live food for the fry, etc etc etc. To be honest it will cost a few hundred at the cheapest to breed one pair of bettas properly. Consider carefully, and ask any questions you have about breeding in the breeding section and we will be happy to help :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote