Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #11 
callistra

Tetra AquaSafe is ok but Prime is better because it will detoxify ammonia, if you happen to ever have any. NovAqua Plus appears to basically be the same stuff but more expensive.

I don't know if perhaps the Melafix in the water is causing problems to the betta and not your ottos.. Can you run carbon? It will remove any in the water.

I would be careful with well water. Some tend to good but some not inhabitable for fish due to ph or other reasons. I would use conditioner with well water because even if you have no chlorine or chloramines you may have heavy metals.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #12 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
Tetra AquaSafe is ok but Prime is better because it will detoxify ammonia, if you happen to ever have any. NovAqua Plus appears to basically be the same stuff but more expensive.

I don't know if perhaps the Melafix in the water is causing problems to the betta and not your ottos.. Can you run carbon? It will remove any in the water.

I would be careful with well water. Some tend to good but some not inhabitable for fish due to ph or other reasons. I would use conditioner with well water because even if you have no chlorine or chloramines you may have heavy metals.
thank you for ur reply
I search for Prime here but can't find any
so I use Sera instead....
so far I watch my other bettas in it, they're healthy and no problem at all, the 1st Betta that got the symptom now appear really well and healthy, and never hide anymore... I started to put water conditioner yesterday and gonna use it for everytime water changing... :)

I didnt use carbon at first because I read that it can remove water conditioner, fertilizer and any medication in it... :) now I try to use small filter with carbon in it before I use it for water changing, turn off the filter when Its time, then add water conditioner in it... for healthy water! >.<

the 2nd Betta that got the symtomp seems not really well, still lethargic and clamped :( hopefully she's gonna get better like the 1st :(
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote