Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #1 
fgradowski

My fish are seriously mad at me!

I'm thinking my little guys might have separation anxiety! I brought them home from school in Bloomington. When I switched Vardaman back to his bigger tank he flared his gills at me! Then the other day I came back home from being out and went over to say hi. Vardaman wouldn't come over. I had to tap on the glass to get his attention. He flared at me again. When he turned to his side I saw that he had bitten his tail. He just can't keep his fins looking pretty! Then the next morning Algernon flared at me when I went to say hi in the morning. I'm not around as much as I was at school, but I still try to say hi in the mornings and when I get back from work. Can my fish really be that attached to me??
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #2 
AlphaBetta1

If they are in new aquariums, they are probably just showing their decor who's boss. They also flare at their reflections, so it's not you. As for the tail biting, it could be boredom or stress.
AlphaBetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #3 
fgradowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBetta1 View Post
If they are in new aquariums, they are probably just showing their decor who's boss. They also flare at their reflections, so it's not you. As for the tail biting, it could be boredom or stress.
I've had Algernon for almost two months and Vardaman for almost a month. They are in the same tanks they were in at school. They have never acted like this before. The only thing that has changed is that they are at my family home instead of in my dorm and they get less attention.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote