Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #11 
callistra

Look for a pellet whose first two or three ingredients includes whole fish. Try to get one without a lot of preservatives and natural coloring/additives.. vitamin additives are good. You can also order online?

Okay let's back up. What size of container is she in now? What's the temp? How often are you doing a water change, and how much are you changing each time?

What meds and how much are you adding to this? How much epsom salt is she in?
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #12 
NeoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
Look for a pellet whose first two or three ingredients includes whole fish. Try to get one without a lot of preservatives and natural coloring/additives.. vitamin additives are good. You can also order online?

Okay let's back up. What size of container is she in now? What's the temp? How often are you doing a water change, and how much are you changing each time?

What meds and how much are you adding to this? How much epsom salt is she in?

She's in a 2ltr container floating in the tank she came from right now, I couldn't find the filter and heater for the sick tank anywhere so I had to substitute for the time being.

Temperature is 26c and water is thrown 100% away daily and replaced with water from the main tank she's floating in.
I'm using quarter a tea spoon of epsom salt and the only med I could get hold of was "anti internal bacteria" made by interpet (it was the best I could find locally) she only has about 2 drops of that from a pipet and the box has dropsy on its list of things it treats.

Maybe the meds are wrong? or maybe the container?
I can order different meds if that'd be best? to be honest I got the interpet one because I couldn't find anything better in my local stores and wanted to start treating her pronto rather than delay it and wait for one to come but if ordering online would be best I'll do that.
Or else I could buy her a new heater and filter for the sick tank and make that operational? I think I seen small heaters that'd suit the 12ltr sick tank about for around 9 and filters from about 12 so it wouldn't be too expensive to get that going for her.
I don't really care about the cost as long as it helps her, pets are priceless <3

Last edited by NeoViking; 01-03-2013 at 06:23 PM.
NeoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #13 
callistra

What size is the container she's in? You need to be able to measure meds and epsoms based on the container, not estimate drops or tsps. She needs 1 tsp per gallon epsoms and whatever amount of med diluted properly.

I really doubt that med will help internal infections.. I don't know why they advertise it that way. There is not even a real antibiotic in it. I'm sorry there are only a small number of meds which treat internal infections. I've stated the ones I am aware of. If you can't find them locally you will need to order online.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote