Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #1 
Imagine

Exclamation Hole on head?

My dark brown betta, King, has a big white patch on his head (about the size of both his eyes put together) . It's like the scales are missing there. I have just noticed this tonight, and it must had appeared after my sister fed him this afternoon -I believe he may have accidentally injured himself. I by accident left a pellet on top of his transparent cover, and I found himself launching himself at the pellet, but hitting the cap instead(the water level was really high), but I'm not sure if that was how he got his gigantic patch. It looks quite painful, but he's acting normally. Is this a disease, or did he somehow rub the scales off his head? Please help, I don't have much experience in this type of things...
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #2 
Tyrannic2Do

That might be the case of your mysterious head injury, either that or your Betta probably had an ick on it's head and rubbed it off. I know bettas tend to rub on gravels or anything sharp to get rid of something on their scales that is bothering/irritating them. Just do some water changes, and add some AQ salt to your tank and your betta should be back to normal
Tyrannic2Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #3 
callistra

Can you share a photo? Is it missing scales or just discolored? Is there any raising or fuzzyness?

More info would be helpful to make sure we don't miss something: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #4 
Imagine

I don't think it's ick, I don't see anything honestly. I quarantined him now (he was in a divided tank) and added salt. It might be my imagination, but I think he looks a little better...

I don't have enough time to post a pic right now, but I will do it ASAP:)
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote