Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

lol saving the bettas at walmart.

I was at walmart yesterday with my bf finishing our holiday shopping when I journey'd off to visit the bettas. They had an impressive shipment of healthy vts and ct's, I was shocked really, however the cups were still sickeningly small and it wont take long for them to dev rot and nasty water conditions...but enough about that. Anywho, I noticed that they were all set directly beside one another and it was causing a lot of stress on the fish because they were so fiesty, flaring and starting to clamp, what torture. So I took it upon myself to move the aquarium decor next to them over and seperate the cups, leaving at least 3 inches between cups. It took nearly 10 minutes but they all seemed much more relaxed just moments later, job well done :) ..feeling satisfied I said goodbye to a couple of my favs (healthy stocky red vts! I wish I could have another, but self control kicks in thankfully).
About 30 minutes later we get to the cash register and I unload my stuff onto the conveyer belt. Suddeny I realize something is missing! Where is my cell phone and wallet!!!!!!? I usually leave then in the bottom of the cart in the corner closest to the seat. I always watch my cart, but there were a few moments when my boyfriend had the cart and I had left him...like when I helped the bettas lol. With it being the holidays and all, I knew it was a possibility that someone had stolen it...but I tried to think positive! Either way I panicked. I ran around for 10 minutes checking all the places I had been. Nothing...until I arrived back at the bettas...low and behold there they were...sitting in the middle of the decorations I had moved...Oh boy was I thanking my lucky stars! very scary few moments. I had $100 cash and credit card not to mention a touch screen cell! Someone could of had a nice holiday on me! eeek. At least the bettas were happy right???
Thought it was a funny story to share lol.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #2 
Melodica

That is too funny! Sounds like something I would do. Very lucky that you found it all, especially at this time of year.

I also visit the bettas and try to move everyone around and I've noticed that others do as well. Nice to know there are some good people out there!
Melodica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #3 
TySAAAN

Thats so nice of you :)

Glad to hear some people still have respect for things other than themselves.

Good to hear you didn't lose your stuff! Hahaha
TySAAAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #4 
Blue Fish

So glad you were able to find your wallet and phone!!
I do the same thing with the bettas. I like to move them around and shuffle the back to the front and vice versa. I figure that way everyone gets a better chance of going home with someone. Even if it's someone who doesn't know what they're doing...I think just about anything is better than those cups.
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 AM   #5 
Setsuna

i think the fish is trying to say thank you
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #6 
LittleBlueFishlets

Some people have guard-dogs for protecting their possessions. You have guard-fish protecting yours.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #7 
Goldie2nd

aww what a nice thing to do and glad you found your things.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote