Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #1 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Please edit your signatures if necessary

It has been pointed out to the team that some members signatures are too large and distracting.

Can you all please revisit your signatures and fix them if they don't follow the signature guidelines?

I'll also send a pm to everyone that we received notice about. Here are the signature rules:

Thanks to all,
Romad

Keep your signatures reasonable.
We all love our fish. Some members like to do the digital equivalent of shouting it from the rooftops by using large, colorful signatures. Unfortunately, many members find such signatures distracting, especially when they have to see them again and again. Please be courteous to other members by limiting the number of lines and the size of the text in your signature. Please follow these guidelines:
  • No more than 8 lines of text if you don't use an image
  • Text no larger than size 3
  • No more than 1 image with maximum dimensions of 468 x 60
  • No more than 2 lines of text if you do use an image
You are welcome to link to your personal blog from your signature. If you do so, please return the favor by linking to our parent site, Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources. If you do, notify a moderator and you will receive a linking member designation for supporting the community.

Please do not link to a commercial site in your signature unless you become a sponsor, and please do not promote other aquarium forums in your signature since that undermines our efforts to maintain this community.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #2 
bearwithfish

wow thanks Romad!! too often i see sigs that greatly detract from the topic and this can be quite a bother...
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #3 
vaygirl

Thanks guys! It would be super appreciated if people could check their sigs and fix em! <3
Posted via Mobile Device
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #4 
fishman12

I don't want to be gruff and uncaring, but what is there to be distracted from? I mean, who goes "Gosh!I can't remember where the "Y" key is because of *member*'s signature!"?
Is "distracting" a euphamisim for annoying?

*I really do not intend offense*
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #5 
Aquaness

This may be off topic, but I can't seem to figure out how to post a new thread D: I'm a newbie... -_-
Aquaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:57 AM   #6 
bearwithfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
I don't want to be gruff and uncaring, but what is there to be distracted from? I mean, who goes "Gosh!I can't remember where the "Y" key is because of *member*'s signature!"?
Is "distracting" a euphamisim for annoying?

*I really do not intend offense*
you are not being offensive at all ..

in some cases yes we intend to say annoying... large flashy sigs and bright colors that some people find hard to look at ....

in others we see a sig that is way over the limit of lines and for new folks (and some older ones) they read the reply and by the time they are done looking at the signature the member may have gotten confused as to what is the sig and what was the reply.

i personally have chatted with a few members who have expressed that when this happens they dont want to post.

besides this Inconvenience and besides the annoying factor we have a set of rules established that the moderating team and out Administrator work very hard to keep in place so that this site continues to be welcoming and fare regardless of the users level of computer use..

i hope this answers your question if not please contact one of the moderators (myself included)
Old 12-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #7 
bearwithfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaness View Post
This may be off topic, but I can't seem to figure out how to post a new thread D: I'm a newbie... -_-
once youare in the section you wish to start your thread in at the top of the list of thread will be a button that reads "New thread" click this a new screen will pop up and you can then create a title and then the body of the thread once done click "submit new thread" (located below the box your typed in) and then when members are on and or have helpful information related to your topic they will reply
Old 12-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #8 
styggian

It's not distracting from where keys are on a keyboard, it's distracting in forum threads and discussions, and I find it a little frustrating too if I have to scroll half a page to get past someone's signature because it's massive and 20 lines long. I like the rules stipulating a max size on sigs.
Posted via Mobile Device
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #9 
fish joey

agreed ..a place to ask or respond not a billboard! I could never figure out how to do all that fancy stuff LOL.
fish joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #10 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwithfish View Post
you are not being offensive at all ..

in some cases yes we intend to say annoying... large flashy sigs and bright colors that some people find hard to look at ....

in others we see a sig that is way over the limit of lines and for new folks (and some older ones) they read the reply and by the time they are done looking at the signature the member may have gotten confused as to what is the sig and what was the reply.

i personally have chatted with a few members who have expressed that when this happens they dont want to post.

besides this Inconvenience and besides the annoying factor we have a set of rules established that the moderating team and out Administrator work very hard to keep in place so that this site continues to be welcoming and fare regardless of the users level of computer use..

i hope this answers your question if not please contact one of the moderators (myself included)
Ok. Thanks.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote