Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #1 
jinxhex

Exclamation Suggestions!

Betta has had fin rot for about 6 days now, first started treatment with AQ. Salt, wasn't working so I started an AQ. Salt + Mardel Maracyn-Oxy(non antibiotic) treatment.

My Betta is in a 2.5 gallon, heated (78-80), and I'm doing daily water changes and adding Maracyn-Oxy & AQ. salt back to the tank. I keep the light of the tank off, and only turn on a desk lamp next to it for subtle lighting, and there is an air stone in the center of the tank to provide aeration, I'm trying to make it so he is least stressed as possible.

He hasn't been eating for the past three days, not sure what to do about that?

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I don't want to lose my little friend, since I only got him a week ago (He had fin rot when I bought him, HARDLY noticeable)

Last edited by jinxhex; 01-10-2013 at 06:50 PM.
jinxhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #2 
callistra

He is extremely stressed there..

You never want to treat with salt and meds. One or the other. I think that's ingredients is basically just salt.. "Stabilized chlorine oxides" so you're not just super overdosing salts. It's not going to help and it could be toxic to him.

do 100% change to get rid of salts and use a real antibioitc like Kanaplex, Maracyn Plus or Furan 2.

Be careful with the water changes so you're not shocking him..
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote