Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #21 
nel3

ecological factors also did something ie the extensive use of wood ie deforestation and soil erosion. after food gets scarce people fight, they get sick, emmigration and all the other things that spell decline in a civilisation. the clay they put on the stones requires alot of fire wood and they did eventually used thinner layers to cover the stones.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #22 
Rosso1011

I was highly disappointed. All that happened was our area got a meek shower. What an apocalypse, I got rained on.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #23 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I was highly disappointed. All that happened was our area got a meek shower. What an apocalypse, I got rained on.
lol a meek attempt at an apopcalyse is better than one that never came manifest itself.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #24 
thekinetic

Ehhh apocalypses ain't what they used to be, in my day when they said there was going to be doom there was dag nabbit and we were dang grateful to have that and we would walk through 3 feet of ............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......and we had bettas then too but we called them long finned fighting guppies and they......yeah I can't do that anymore it was getting ridiculous! XD
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #25 
redchigh

Aww, well, guess I'm eating canned food for the next few weeks ;)
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #26 
TheCheese909

I like how we are all making jokes, I wonder if they slightly miscalculated and it's supposed to be next week. We are all going to burst into flame as we are opening our Christmas presents. lol, merry Christmas! xD
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #27 
majesticstorm

Hahahaha, I actually saw a rainbow on that day!
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #28 
homegrown terror

everyone hoping for an apocalypse, don't fret! there are still PLENTY of horrible things that can (and statistically should) happen in our lifetime, such as:

-Yellowstone supervolcano eruption: last erupted 70,000 years ago, meaning we're several THOUSAND years overdue for an eruption. a full-scale blast would create an ash cloud that would blanket the earth or at least a large portion, killing off the majority of life, both natural and human, in the americas, and disrupting weather in a way that hasn't been seen since the Ice Age.

-polar realignment: where the north and south poles switch their charges. happens on average about every 450,000 years, last one was 780,000 years ago. wouldn't do much to the natural world, but would wreak havoc on anything artificial that uses the earth's magnetic field. satellites would fall from the sky, compasses would point you in the opposite direction etc. plenty of paranoid nations might see their sats fall out of orbit and assume it was an attack, those with nuclear capabilities might launch a counterattack before anyone knows what happened.

-good ol' fashioned meteor blast: they happen all the time. most of them are small enough to burn up before impact, but just ask the dinosaurs what happens if they don't. NASA currently tracks 4700 such objects large enough and with orbits capable of collision with the earth. while none are deemed an imminent threat, there are nine planets (pluto is a planet, dammit!) casting gravitational shadows around the solar system, all it would take is a slight bump to turn a harmless asteroid into a world killer.

-thermonuclear war: when the soviet union disintegrated, many of their nuclear sites feel under the control of nations whose infrastructures were in ruins, and to this day, not all of their nuclear warheads are accounted for. without the proper launch and propulsion means, a TN attack would likely be a local disaster, however as i said before there are a LOT of paranoid nations out there. franz ferdinand might have been assassinated by a lone nut, but world war i happened all the same.

-alien attack: just kidding. this one's just for the movies. life that would have evolved on another planet would have done so under completely different circumstances, and would therefore be highly unlikely to need our resources or be looking to exterminate us for our planet. any contact with an alien intelligence would most likely be exploratory in nature and unlikely to cause harm to us, just the same as our Voyager probes don't have weapon systems.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #29 
RoMay

There's an article on abc news that said Mayan end of the world actually might be today. 0_o .... ... -sigh- It's alright if the world ends tommarow-erm-today for us. Earth has a way of continueing on. I mean look how many forms of life where taken out at the time of the dinosaurs, and on through the ice ages. Maybe octopuses will get a tenticle up on being the next smart life form to take over. Fudge never mind how many times in the history of man has mother nature took a huge dump on us.

BUT of course that is for people who believe in evolution. I figure for people who don't the world has a more solid THE END!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...2#.UNhRVOTBGSo

@homegrown terror
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs100-03/
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #30 
homegrown terror

when even the CATHOLICS are admitting that evolution is a fact and doesn't contradict their dogma, i don't see how any "educated" person can still deny that it happens.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote