Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #51 
homegrown terror

we've got mystery snails in three of our betta tanks, and the only aggression we've ever seen was when we introduced Perry to Hannibal's tank. Hannibal circled around him like a shark, investigating this new thing, for about half an hour, and then ignored him. the only other problem we've EVER had was that Hanny likes to carry around Perry's algae wafers like a dog with a bone.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #52 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter ignored a black snail in black sand.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #53 
Juicebox

ive got my male betta with a golden mstery snail around a month now,no issues what so ever,the snail has never been bitten,when i first put the snail in the betta was curious and swam next to him checkin him out but he has never bit while ive been viewing them and the snail has never lost any of his whiskers,i have witnessed my betta suck some pond snails off the glass from time to time mistaking them for pellets but he always spits them back out, this has happened maybe 4 times..

his tank has alot of snails now and he dosnt seem to mind, hes in a 5 gallon with them so the mystery snail is usually always in sight of him, maybe it just varies from fish to fish but for now my snail and fish are co existing in my 5 gallon
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #54 
Phaydra

You can house an apple snail with bettas but some are just overly aggressive.

Red loved his apple snail. It was his sleeping perch. I wish I had taken pics before the snail died.
Bubbles well he was extremely docile. Nothing bothered him.
Fluffy tormented his snail so he lost snail buddy privileges.
A-tsh-hi could care less so long as the snail isn't blocking her view of the bubbles.

I would avoid a snail that is a similar color to your skin tone if you have a finger biter. Fingers mean food (literally) with some Bettas. I think Fluffy's problem with the golden we had looked too much like our fingers and that young man is a finger biter. I will be trying him with Blue Apple Snails as soon as they grow a bit more. I have 3 more Bettas now and do foresee a similar issue with my purple EE and snails because he is a finger biter as well.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #55 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have heard red and blue are Bettas favorite color.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #56 
MonteCarlo

Slightly off topic, but I just put in 5 white cloud minnows in my 10g tank, and wouldn't you guess, I see them (or atleast maybe one that is a bit aggressive) nipping at my lone mystery snail's antennas in that tank. Obviously im not gonna remove them, but thats because I know their mouths are too small to do serious damage. I don't like how my snail hides in the cave all the time tho.

But Im seriously beginning to think that when you have a big snail that has large antennas (mine are over 2 inches), fish just cannot resist those things waving around in their face.
MonteCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #57 
bettaboy123

mine showed a little aggression so I put my snail in a 1 gallon. will he be able to get used to my snail?
bettaboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote