Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #1 
VeilTail

Winter Themed Decor?

I just set up my new tank and was hoping any of you might know where they sell winter decor? The tank is 2.5 gallons. I really am looking for a igloo and polar bear. Thanks!
VeilTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #2 
LittleBlueFishlets

I did a google search for "polar bear fish tank decorations."... The search results included this listing on ebay. The seller claims their polar bear decorations are aquarium safe. (I don't know how they know this and I make no guarantees about anything. I'm not even in the same country -- but per your request, I went to google to see what I could find, and found the item. If you want more info, please contact the ebay seller directly....)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fish-Tank-Or...m=300628498770
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #3 
VeilTail

Thank you so much.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #4 
Luxavior

Some of the things I did to decorate my tank was taping a bow and some little christmas present ornaments to the outside of the tank and light.

I also cut out a Santa Claus and some candy from wrapping paper and taped it on the outside back of the tank so you can see Santa from the front of the tank.

I was also considering buying a ceramic Christmas/winter themed coffee mug (since the one I have gets used for coffee alot) to replace the plain mug in my boy's tank but I haven't had the chance to get/find a nice one yet.

I was also thinking of painting snowflakes on the outside of the tank with acrylic craft paint and then scrub it off really well after the holidays but I need new white paint lol
Luxavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #5 
LittleBlueFishlets

I couldn't find any igloo type decorations via a Google search.... but I've heard that Lego are safe to put in tanks - and I'm wondering if you can make an igloo out of something like Legos. If so, that might be a solution.

I like Luxavior's ceramic coffee cup idea. Things that are food & dishwasher safe should most likely be OK in a tank. Maybe you could find a coffee cup with a polar bear picture on it.

Good luck!
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #6 
Cinderwolf

i got a cute seal with a scarf and a snow flake from petsmart for 97 cents : ) I knwo it isnt a polar bear but they might have other thigns God luck haha i liked deco=rating ym tank haha I usually have it all natural looking
Cinderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #7 
Artist with a betta

http://http://www.etsy.com/listing/1...etta-fish-tank
Here's a nice little tree
Artist with a betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #8 
VeilTail

Hehe I have that seal! I bought a HUGE mother and baby penguin at Walmart for 4.50, and a Moon Rock Cave for 3.98. My baby Bettas live in winter themed decor, next is the 10 gallon tank, medivel theme!