Old 12-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #21 
Goldie2nd

Aww I'm sorry I try so hard to keep mine alive and healthy it does pay off
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #22 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessa24 View Post
To top it off my hubby was trying to tell him too and he said "Oh what's the worse that could happen...it'll just die" and then laughed... that's so mean. I feel horrible. I wish I hadn't given him that darn 3 gal tank...I would have never given it to him if I knew he wasn't going to heed my advice and properly care for the betta he puts in there.
That's the sad thing. You try to be nice and give someone something for an animal and they don't want to properly care for it. That's why I no longer give anything to anyone unless it's family and I can bug them until they listen to me. (LOL) My nieces love bettas and they're step dad tried to tell them not to do so many water changes and I had to scold him for it. They're doing the right things but my bro in law just... Y'know.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #23 
isochronism

Choc, with my many years as a listener since young, to simplify my point, people are born with a compassion and empathy or not. It is very hard for either to change.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #24 
isochronism

Further, I have read the court transcripts describing how they treated (tortured & killed) the losing dogs. Michael wants his money flow continuing. The team that wants him and the fans that watch him should be ashamed. It's just a game. Life isn't.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

People sometimes change he deserves a second chance.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #26 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessa24 View Post
To top it off my hubby was trying to tell him too and he said "Oh what's the worse that could happen...it'll just die" and then laughed... that's so mean. I feel horrible. I wish I hadn't given him that darn 3 gal tank...I would have never given it to him if I knew he wasn't going to heed my advice and properly care for the betta he puts in there.
My response to that is "I bet Hitler said the same thing about the Jews." I saw that on a post here and think it fits perfectly. Fish and humans aren't exactly the same thing, but it all comes down to ignorance and a complete lack of compassion for life.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

If a Friend said that terrible fish thing I would cutoff all contact.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #28 
callistra

Honestly.. I would take the bowl back and say you don't want to play a part in fish death and abuse. That guy is sick.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #29 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
Honestly.. I would take the bowl back and say you don't want to play a part in fish death and abuse. That guy is sick.
Agreed. It's disturbing that he's perfectly OK with exposing his daughter to that kind of attitude toward living things. When I was a child I hated seeing all the dead and dying fish at the store... Especially when the ones that were still alive were munching on the dead ones.. I was also heartbroken when my first Betta in Elementary school died (my cat killed him while I was at camp because my parents didn't care for him like I asked them to, which included keeping the darn cat out of my room! They knew she loved to play with the fish (I also had a "paws off" aquarium decoration sign)).
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #30 
TySAAAN

Awwwwh. I feel so bad for all the poor little fishies :'(
TySAAAN is offline   Reply With Quote