Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #1 
prodrumernate

Cool any ideas on tank mates or putting in male tank?

just had a female pass away today..i have 1 female betta in my 10 gallon now thats divided and the other side has 2 female black mollies(i know the tank is too small for mollies,but thats a long story) i thought about taking my only female betta, divided my other 10 gallon that has my 2 males in it and putting her in there with them divided.now ive read its not a good idea due to the hormones the females give off,the males smell it.and go crazy..ive read its ok..

i would like to put her in the tank with the other bettas as im currently redecorating into an all asian theme and getting some asian plants and decor to go in.

and want to take my other 10 gallon she is currently in, have the 2 mollies in it and add a couple other fish that im not sure of what i want exactly.

last time i checked.this female is quiet aggressive to the mollies.but its been a while as i was happy with the setup.

my males in my 20g hex has gone from 7 to 3 black mollies but also houses 4 rosy red minnows..im sure the females wont be as stressed though i just got 1 of the black females today.if i put the female betta in the betta tank with the males and the 2 females mollies in the 20 with the 3 males and 4 minnows.that would free my 10 gallon to start a small SW tank which i prefer.and i will be prepared for anything to happen with my fish

i have a 1 gallon hospital tank and a 2 gallon tank thats currently not occupied.and could possibly get another 10 gallon if i make room.

any ideas on what will be fine?adding the 2 female mollies to the 20g with the 3 males mollies and 4 minnows?

1 female in divided 10 with 2 male bettas?

experience/advice and suggestions greatly appreciated as im not sure what would be best for my fish.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Rosy red minnows are coldwater mollies are tropical. You need double the female mollies.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #3 
prodrumernate

the minnows can handle just above freezing up to around 100..they were my cycling fish but i kept them and like them...double the female mollies if i add in with the males or when they r only female mollies together?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Plus RRM are schooling.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #5 
prodrumernate

yes...i bought more yesteday..i actually know a lot bout them.i did 2 months of research b4 getting them to cycle ;) though im 1 shy of the minimum.i need to becareful not to over stock my tank as im setting it up to handle the load in there.im re doing all my tanks
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

TheynCAN live in tropical from what I read the same excactbway bettas live in coldwater.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #7 
Mo

Actually CB. I think the only differenc between them living in warmer water opposed to colder water is that there metabolism increases.. I don't think they are negatively effected.. Bettas on the other hand would eat very little, be very lethargic, be more prone to diseases and be VERY stressed in Coldwater temperatures which is typically below 68 degrees

Also.. Can you please explain that a littl cleaner as I'm having trouble understanding what you are asking

Last edited by Mo; 12-24-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My pount its unhealthy decreases lifespan but live a bit. Should have used Dojo loaches as a better example.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #9 
Mo

They live and spawn in ares up to 80 degrees... They'll be fine n tropical temperatures...
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #10 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Whoops bad source on my part sorry. But ut likes cave likr structures.