Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #11 
resa

bumping...please check out my album....i'm wanting to know if my betta is really a male.....if you can tell if he's happy just by looking at him....how old does he appear to be.....by the way the color he is showing up to be is not his true colors....the LED lights on the tank make him look that color unfortunately.....i also took a picture of what i believe may be a bubble nest.....is it?
resa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #12 
resa

Quote:
Originally Posted by resa View Post
as u can see i posted i have a 1 gallon bowl tank and its a little over half full. what do you mean he's preparing to die? as far as lethargic i dont know bc i dont know what a normal betta does or doesn't do. with him being in a small tank he doesn't move around alot bc there's no room. ( i will upgrade tanks along with rocks and planting when money comes in) ....i'd like to put up a pic of him for everyone to be able to tell if he's truly male and if he's truly 'happy'...... i love my little fishie but i know i need to do more research on him as well.
i'd also like to know what type of betta do i have?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #13 
VeilTail

My Betta, Wally, wouldn't and still sometimes is picky on what he eats. I'd buy some bloodworms, and see how he does. Sometimes I put my finger on the pellet to make it sink, and Wally eats it. I'd fill the water a little more and buy a 3.00 Themometer. But sometimes they are just sick when you buy them. Sadly, two of the seven Bettas I have ever had were like this.
VeilTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #14 
VeilTail

And look at his fins. If they look cut, in strips, he is a Crowntail. If they look together, he is a VeilTail:)
VeilTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #15 
Jessa24

I take pics on my phone and upload them from my phone. When you make a reply on here click advanced. Then click on the little paper clip icon and it will direct you to uploading a photo. There should be two options...url or choose file. Click choose file and then it'll ask you from where...choose gallery. That will take you to your pictures on your phone and then choose the one you want to upload. Then click upload and it will load.
Jessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #16 
LebronTheBetta

The main goals of a living animal are to pass down his genes and survive. If your Betta is really dying, that was his last try. This is a last resort inference so don't think about it. Your pics aren't showing..

There are more tail types of Bettas than Crowntails and Veiltails. There are deltas, half moons, Doubletails, plakats, and so much more.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #17 
resa

thank you for that information. however i realize i have 2 threads opened and their both opened trying to get more information about my fish. in the thread pics have been posted and i've been told he is male. :)
Old 12-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #18 
resa

my other thread is here http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=123426

the pictures are showing up there.... and there are questions there i have as well thanks in advance.... is my fish really sad and dying really?
Old 12-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #19 
LebronTheBetta

He doesn't look like he's going to die. Is he lethargic? Just don't think about it. That's a theory when animals are dying, they do their last chance to reproduce. He doesn't look that sick, just don't worry. Try to get all the better supplies, and get well soon.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #20 
resa

i have as of today purchased water conditioner so i can use tap water. i also got a thermometer and tropical flake fish food. the water temp without a heater is perfectly fine.... however he still isn't eating the food.....just thought i'd update this... and i got my products at petsmart.