Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #11 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

I am carpenter so i might be able to help you.
First what type of wood did you use? Do you have a picture of the hood?
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #12 
MSG

I used to watch a LOT of nature programs when I was little.

Sesame street always bored me to death.

Minnows are on the bottom of the food chain, so they're naturally skittish. Their behavior is almost identical to Zebra Danios. I've had plenty of them & I've grown weary of their instinctive frantic behaviors.

Feeders will be crazier because of massive inbreeding & other genetic/disease related issues

Heat is one thing that will destroy the silicone seals.

This is why people will often advise you NOT to reuse FORMER reptile tanks for FISH because of the prolonged exposure to heat lamps. If you insist "resealing" is almost absolutely necessary.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #13 
prodrumernate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLBETHEJUDGE View Post
I am carpenter so i might be able to help you.
First what type of wood did you use? Do you have a picture of the hood?
just regular plywood...i currently dont have any pictures..but when i charge my camera up i can take some..that and if i can remember..during the week i get so busy i forget things like that ;)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #14 
prodrumernate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Sesame street always bored me to death.

Minnows are on the bottom of the food chain, so they're naturally skittish. Their behavior is almost identical to Zebra Danios. I've had plenty of them & I've grown weary of their instinctive frantic behaviors.

Feeders will be crazier because of massive inbreeding & other genetic/disease related issues

Heat is one thing that will destroy the silicone seals.

This is why people will often advise you NOT to reuse FORMER reptile tanks for FISH because of the prolonged exposure to heat lamps. If you insist "resealing" is almost absolutely necessary.
i do noticed them to be very scared when some1 approaches.especially the full grown 1..i was hesitant before about getting them since they arent maintained like other fish..spent months doing research on them before i got them to cycle my tank..surprisingly i never had any problems with them.i always get them from the same store.and i wait until the have new stock that has been there for a week or 2.

,the tank was already bad.im sure it was the heat due to it must have been sitting outside a while,that or the precious owners didnt take care of it properly. in fact they threw the rocks from it out in the parking lot when they moved out.so i took it,cleaned it.filled it up for a test.it leaked.got some silicon.re did all the seals.tested it a week.water level never change except a little evaporation,everything outside tank was fine.i do have a 20 long in storage as its a reptile tank.i can tell the thing was used for fish.water lines at the top.but i didnt trust it.and it would bow too much for me when water was in.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote