Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 
hannah16

Cool Bettas @ PetStores

Admit it; we've all seen those BEAUTIFUL bettas that we were like... "What is he doing in a PETSTORE?!" and some of us purchased that outstanding betta and some of us left him and came back or simply couldn't get him for whatever reason and prayed he found a good home.

I thought this would be a fun thread to start for everyone to share what bettas they've seen or heard of that were at a petstore.

If you bought that betta, POST PICS.

My Stories:

1. The first betta I saw and didn't buy was the most pretty metallic white with turquoise/green spots (like an orange dal.) He was a delta tail and OMG was beautiful.. Instead I rescued my two teeny tiny girls whom are up for adoption. I know they would have died if I left them there.

2. Pale lavender dragon scale at petsmart. I left him and got Zippy and Koi instead. He was pretty but didn't call to me. I set him in front :3

3. An orange VT at Walmart. SOLID orange, and he was Orange, not gold, not yellow. He was purchased a day or two after he came in I think. (Alex, my bf, checked for me.)

4. According to a friend of mine, she has an obsession with king bettas. And normally, the kings at petco (Not correctly named I know but that is how they're labeled) are very dark black or brown, with some hints of metallics at times. But she went to her local petco and found a pastel pink king!

The cashier was trying to charge her $35... In my petco kings are only $13.. Does your petco charge more than $13 for a king???

Anyway, so far for me that's it. How about you?? Did you go back for that shockingly beautiful petstore betta?
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #2 
Neight

There was a very handsome elephant ear halfmoon, icey turquoise that I really, really wanted the day my Petsmart opened. Surprisingly, he was there the next week, along with a halfmoon dragon scale, who was pearl pink and red, with the very edges of his fins outlined in black. They were both very gorgeous fish.
Neight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #3 
majesticstorm

The other day I went to petco and saw this gorgeous white/lavender butterfly elephant ear that was MISMARKED as a halfmoon. He had beautiful ears too. I stood there for 15 minutes, but my dad told me to leave him since I don't have room in my dorm because I already have Rain, who is currently occupying the other 5.5 back at home because I brought him with me. T^T I put him in the front and hoped that someone who knows about betta keeping will give him a nice home.

I went back home and sat in front of the fish tank for half an hour moping/entertaining Rain, trying to forget about the guy at petco. My parents thought I was crazy...
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #4 
horsyqueen

I went to the pet store on saturday during the floods in my area (very safe XD). I saw sooooooooo many betta that would hardly be seen in england elephant ears, plakat, kings, halfmoons and in all different colours. They were utterly beautiful. I was staring at them for ages. I couldn't buy any of the males because I didn't have the space for them yet.
In the end i bought a large female halfmoon who was the last of her type in the shop and probably wouldn't have got sold.
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #5 
veilmist

There is a small pet shop near a favorite restaurant of my family's where they always have the most beautiful Bettas! One time I went in and I saw an amazing pale pink DT with dark pink spots. I must have stared at him for 20 mins before moving on and they had a catfish in the store! I love that store because the Bettas are always healthy and they do not sell any tanks or bowls that are less than 1 gal.
veilmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #6 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticstorm View Post
The other day I went to petco and saw this gorgeous white/lavender butterfly elephant ear that was MISMARKED as a halfmoon. He had beautiful ears too. I stood there for 15 minutes, but my dad told me to leave him since I don't have room in my dorm because I already have Rain, who is currently occupying the other 5.5 back at home because I brought him with me. T^T I put him in the front and hoped that someone who knows about betta keeping will give him a nice home.

I went back home and sat in front of the fish tank for half an hour moping/entertaining Rain, trying to forget about the guy at petco. My parents thought I was crazy...

Personally, never would of left without him x.x.... But parents .. Blah!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #7 
majesticstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
Personally, never would of left without him x.x.... But parents .. Blah!
Yeah, but then again, if I did get him, I wouldn't have the heart to leave him in the care of my dad, who thinks that they're "just fish". My dad saw a few he liked and I asked him, "are you going to take good care of him and follow my instructions?" and he's like, "probably not". End of discussion. I might get one when I come back during summer vacation. Then he can see me care for them every day and hopefully they'll grow on him enough to follow my strict guidelines, hahaha.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #8 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticstorm View Post
Yeah, but then again, if I did get him, I wouldn't have the heart to leave him in the care of my dad, who thinks that they're "just fish". My dad saw a few he liked and I asked him, "are you going to take good care of him and follow my instructions?" and he's like, "probably not". End of discussion. I might get one when I come back during summer vacation. Then he can see me care for them every day and hopefully they'll grow on him enough to follow my strict guidelines, hahaha.
Couldn't you split that 5.5 gallon? Lol, I would for sure for an EE.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #9 
majesticstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
Couldn't you split that 5.5 gallon? Lol, I would for sure for an EE.
Hahahaha, I could, but I prefer not to. I want my fish to have all the room that they can. Plus, Rain would probably start having a fit like, "Oi! Where did all my swimming space go?! I was swimming greatly in this nice place but now I always hit this weird wall!". He really makes full use of the tank, so I won't divide it.

But one day (maybe in the summer) I will have an EE or HM (I've only had doubletails til now :D)!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #10 
hannah16

How funny. I've had all types of bettas for the most part except DT, "Kings" and EEs.

Now I have two EEs, and a DT. I don't know why but I could never find a DT I really liked enough to buy. Until today! I will own a king some day though.