Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #11 
majesticstorm

That is funny. I've had 2 doubletails, and actually wanted to get a halfmoon, plakat, or EE this time around, but didn't see one that I liked (before I saw the lavender EE) but saw a DT that I loved so I ended up getting another DT, hahaha.

I would like to own a king some day too, but I'll have to work on my parents for a bit to allow a 10 gal(or until I get a place of my own).

Oh! I saw the pictures of your new bettas in the other thread! They are lovely. I can't believe nobody got that white EE in the 2 months he was in the store.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #12 
hannah16

I know! He sat there for two months!! Couldn't believe it when the guy told me either.

But basically I fell for this DT. He was different. And normally, I don't like DT's because of how the tail is split straight through, but I think mine might be a DTHM? He has quite a bit of lovely finnage.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #13 
majesticstorm

Really? I don't really mind the tail split, I think it looks like a heart :) But I am a bit more turned off by them since they are more prone to swim bladder disease...and yet I still got another one, hahaha.

Well, my current DT has finnage really similar to yours and he looks like this when he's...kinda flaring (have yet to see him do a full-on flare because the floating plants are obscuring my view).

I don't think yours is a HMDT because they seem to have really heavy finnage, but then again, I'm super bad at telling whether or not bettas are halfmoons or not. XD

Here's a picture of a HMDT for comparison:
Old 12-28-2012, 01:35 AM   #14 
hannah16

Wow, I love your betta!! He's pretty! Also, that HMDT is pretty too.

I had no idea they were more prone to bladder disease! Now I'm scared ;w;!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #15 
majesticstorm

Thanks! ^^ The HMDT isn't mine. He's a thailand betta from this seller that I follow on FB. I love looking at all of his pictures, even though I can't buy them, lols.

Well, it's due to their shorter bodies, but as long as you don't overfeed and break up the feedings to 2-3 times a day rather than 1 big meal a day, I think he'll be fine :D
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #16 
hannah16

Good to know! I'd really hate to lose the little guy. Even after a year; I'd be so sad.

If I can have my bettas for at least 2.5 years each, I'll be really happy <3 It's sad fish don't live as long as dogs or cats =/