Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #11 
bettaluver14

Red face

thanks all! i'm going out today (it's 12:17am where i am LOL) to look and get one :) i'm also looking into PetValu(pet store in my area) cause they have the same walmart one there too. and the cycling with the tetras? just fingers crossed people
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #12 
Blue Fish

You don't need a hood. You can take plastic veggie wrap and stretch it over the top, works just as well as a hood (I think better), and keeps in a nice humidity layer over the water. It's an OFL rec that I've been using in place of hoods for several months with great success. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #13 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDragon View Post
I have a question. My filter is too strong for my tank, so what do I use to baffle it and where do I buy it?
The clean soda bottle works for some people, but a sponge attached to the outflow decreases the flow almost completely, and my guys prefer it. You just take a sponge and rubberband it to the outflow, letting it hang into the water. It'll immediately baffle the filter outflow a great deal, and once the sponge gets really good and wet, it'll actually baffle even more so that the water movement is almost non-existant. This was posted on here somewhere by another member...and I wish I knew who it was, because they definitely need credit! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #14 
bettaluver14

Lightbulb

thanks :) i think it'd be nice to get a light for them. we will see what happens; i'm short on money LOL
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote