Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #1 
hannah16

Unhappy Am I a bad betta mom ? :cry:

I love all bettas and if a betta calls to me I'll obviously do what I can to bring him or her home, but I feel like I'm playing favorites.

Pinkster and my newest female are VTs and Rheya, Ms Blue and Stardust are CTs but I really, really don't want anymore VTs or CTs. Does that make me a bad betta mom?

I love them all, but I just don't have a desire to own another VT or CT like I do have a desire to own an EE or a King/Giant...

Does anyone else feel the same as me or am I just a bad betta mom ;w;
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #2 
Captain Jim Dandy

Because you have a preference of one beautiful thing over another certainly doesn't make you a bad person or "betta mom" at all. Only honest with yourself and discerning. You are not discriminating..you have a more fervent appreciation of one over the other. I like bettas of all types..Active yellow halfmoons are maybe my favorite-veiltails tend to be stronger and funnier..I've never cared for crowntails.
Captain Jim Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:43 AM   #3 
veilmist

No you're not a bad betta mom! As long as you don't neglect your bettas you are doing awesome!
veilmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #4 
bethyMT

Ha ha...you will find that you play favorites with everything you take care of...even children! The most important thing is that you take care of all your fish and give them what they need. And, of course, try to hide the fact that you have favorites...oh wait that's mostly for kids...

And don't be surprised if your favorites change over time.

As far as fish go, I love my male HMPK, Sassypants, so so much. The girls, well, I love them too, but it's different. I don't want any more girl bettas (five is enough for me) but I long for another spunky male. Alas, that won't happen either...I can only keep up with so many tanks.
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #5 
hannah16

Oh, thank goodness. I honestly felt guilty about it! I mean, I had CT's a lot before and I think that is why I don't really want anymore. Same with VTs

Unless I find something really outstanding, like Pinkster is a Pink VT which you don't normally see that color which is also why I was glad Alex insisted we buy him :3
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #6 
aemaki09

I feel the same! your not a bad mom at all! I love CT's but I dont want anymore VT's now. There is just something that I dont like about the tail type. I love all the ones I have, but I have been trying to steer clear of bringing anymore home. The ones at my house get treated like queens and a king though, so they would never know the difference
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #7 
LittleBlueFishlets

There's nothing wrong with wanting to experience something new.

It's not like you're treating any of them as 'disposable.' You continue to care for them, and give them the best homes possible. It's just that for your NEXT one, you want something different.

That said, be careful what you ask for.... I had 2 VTs. I decided that I wanted a HM. So I specifically looked for HMs.... And my new HM has been my "high maintenance problem child" since the beginning! LOL
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #8 
txbettaowner

I do the same thing. I have to fight from buying a betta when going to Petco. I love looking for baby bettas there. I actually plan on getting one more female and my first male. However, I am going to be honest when looking at the males so far I am not finding one that I like. I am picky when it comes to the males as the Petco has many males that are looking very sick. I am a mother of 3 CTs and 3 VTs but that doesn't make me a bad betta mom because I am only picking CTs and VTs. I think if someone is a bad betta mom would be if she doesn't take care of her bettas or doesn't ask questions about them.
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #9 
bryanacute

I have a preference of halfmoons. Its not bad. You just have your opinions. after a while it seems CTs and VTS aren't appealing anymore.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #10 
carbonxxkidd

I know how you feel, after having male VTs my whole life and recently discovering the wonders of different tail types, I don't ever want another VT male! I currently have a CT male and a HMDT male, 4 VT females and 4 CT females.

I wish I could find different tail typed females for my sorority around here instead of having to order them online. I also really want an EE, they are just so cool looking.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote