Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #1 
BettaRepublic

Exclamation My Betta might have GI Dropsy - Which meds do I get? - How do I use them?

At first I thought it was just bloat, but then, since on another thread I learned that since he had pineconing, not just a fluid belly, he might have GI dropsy. I'll get pictures soon.

Housing
What size is your tank? 1.5g (Currently in 0.5g Hospital Tank)
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have a filter? Yes (Not in Hospital Tank)
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? No
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Wardley Betta Pellets, Tetra BettaMin, and Tetra Bloodworms (In random order, to avoid food boredom)
How often do you feed your betta fish? Everyday (Once)

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 1-2wks
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: N/A
Nitrite: N/A
Nitrate: N/A
pH: N/A
Hardness: N/A
Alkalinity: N/A

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? He is very bloated and MAY have Ick
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? He is occasionaly lethargic, but is otherwise normal and swimming around most of the time.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? I was gone for a few weeks, but the person taking care of the fish noticed it on Monday.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Yes. On that Monday after he got a little blated fter his food, he got put into a Hospital Tank. On Tuesday, we did not feed him, and he got more bloated. On Wednesday, we feed him some pea as a laxative, and gave him a espon salt bath for 20min. Same thing on friday. He gets 20 min salt baths everyday.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Once he got lethargic due to low temperature.
How old is your fish (approximately)? 2 years

Some people on the other tread said for him to live in the saltwater. (With espom salt) I'm just hoping I can get new opinions so I can be sure how to treat my fish.
BettaRepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #2 
callistra

Why did you make a second thread? Stick to the one here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=123388
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote