Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #1 
Perry the platypus

Perry's Journal And Everyday Life

I'll start from here. Tomorrow on Christmas Perry gets a new 1.5 gallon tank. (because mom won't let me get a huge tank.) The tank has a filter and I think it's so cool. I'll post pictures soon! Well, I think Perry is excited too because whenever I first mentioned the new tank to her she started going crazy.
I am also excited but what I'm not excited for is 1.5 is too heavy for me and I might break it. I'll be back for more updates!
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Is the filter a sponge filter? I don't think any internal or power filters would do for a small tank like a 1.5.. Don't worry, it's not really heavy at all. It's like a 1G milk jug and a 1/2. I feel so happy for you and Perry! :D You better bring pictures soon, is it going to be planted, too? O.O
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #3 
Perry the platypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Is the filter a sponge filter? I don't think any internal or power filters would do for a small tank like a 1.5.. Don't worry, it's not really heavy at all. It's like a 1G milk jug and a 1/2. I feel so happy for you and Perry! :D You better bring pictures soon, is it going to be planted, too? O.O
I don't know what kind of filter it is but it is the Tetra mini 1-3 gallon filter. I don't know if it's going to be heavy. I have no muscles at all and I'm still 10. Maybe call my brother to do it and I will have a fake plant in there and if I can convince my mom to buy me a ghost shrimp then I'll have that. I will surely post some pics as soon as possible.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Hm... If it's not a sponge filter then I suggest not using it. It maybe a waste of money but the life of your fish is way more valuable. I'm 11! :D Another preteen. lol The ghost shrimp would need to live in a cycled tank, as it's very fragile. It will only eat uneaten food and I'm sure you won't do that in the tank.. Did you get the tank yet? It's Christmas! Well, in the northeast.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #5 
Perry the platypus

Oh...Perry's in the tank now. What do you mean by cycled? She's doing really good exploring her new tank and she likes to play in the filter. I'll post pics later on today!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #6 
isochronism

Start eating more spinach and maybe Wheaties for breakfast, you'll be able to lift it and more soon :)
I am new to Bettas having one given to me a few weeks ago. (He is still in his 1 gal heated bowl, for now. Got a Fluval Spec 5 gal two weeks ago. It is still cycling. Just bought a Fluval Spec 2 gal. They both have the same large sponge filter system. Both tanks are planted with live plants and gravel. I've read some opinions that cycling a small filtered tank is difficult, we'll see. Keep researching, Perry, and good luck!! Merry Christmas :)
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #7 
Perry the platypus

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #8 
Perry the platypus

I have pics!! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  59.9 KB
Old 12-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #9 
Perry the platypus

Do you like it?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #10 
isochronism

Very nice!! Those tanks with the rounded corners are very cool!! I like the purple too :)
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote