Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #11 
AyalaCookiejar

Some take awhile to warm up and they all do so differently. It sounds like you didn't acclimate him very slowly so he may be a little shocked...

When I first got my CT Bahari, he flared at everything. Literally. He calmed down after 3 or 4 days, though, after getting used to his surroundings.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #12 
Leo237

Exclamation Help!

I need a little help, I got a beautiful male betta for Christmas and he isn't eating at all, also I don't know how often you clean out a filtered tank, lastly how do you use the conditioner thing?pleas help I don't want him to die.
Leo237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #13 
Leo237

Help me!

I need a little help, I got a beautiful male betta for Christmas and he isn't eating at all, also I don't know how often you clean out a filtered tank, lastly how do you use the conditioner thing?pleas help I don't want him to die.
Leo237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #14 
callistra

What size is your tank, how long has it been set up, what filter is being used and what conditioner are you using?
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #15 
gregwegmann

Just an update, Thunder has moved a little more. When I say a little I mean [i]very little[i]. When I turned the light on this morning he began swimming around the bowl then progressively got slower until he was sitting there just like yesterday and the day before.

He hasn't eaten the offered pellets and flakes. I found a live earwig and put it in the bowl with him to see if some sort of live food would spark him to no avail. I'm going to start putting food in his bowl once a day until he decides to eat at which point I'll feed him in moderation twice a day.
gregwegmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #16 
shinitakin

When I first got my betta, he wouldn't eat and refused to eat until 17 days after I got him. I'm not sure if you've tried this trick yet, but some people say that garlic really sparks their appetite, so you could take a few pellets and let them soak in garlic juice for a bit and then try to feed them to Thunder. :)
shinitakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #17 
gregwegmann

A grey color has begun to spread up my Betta's back fin. It is a blue betta so it may be that unknown disease covered by a sticky on this forum. I know this isn't normal. I can't get any aquarium salt. Should I make a new batch of water for him immediately? his is looking kind of murky. What else can I do?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #18 
Mirage23

When I first got my Betta fish ( his name is Narcissus) he refused to eat and he was not active at all. I was afraid I bought a sick fish. After a couple days he was comfortable and ate his food! He swam around and I actually played with him. So he's just settling in like everyone is saying. Also I would suggest live plants. I don't have any artificial plants in my tank all of them are live. They help clean out the water and oxygenate the water for your fish. I have a bigger tank than you and I also have moss in it. It keeps nitrite levels low and feeds off your bettas feces. Narcissus loves his home now that he's comfortable and even recognizes me now! I'm sure your betta will too. Just give him time :)
Mirage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #19 
gregwegmann

The caudal fin is the one greying. It seems to have stopped halfway. I'm also noticing spots forming only on the affected fin. I've changed the water and will monitor the temperature. I hope it's not serious and that he makes it through the night
Old 12-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #20 
MSG

Get a bright desk lamp, cup the fish & photograph it.

The only way anyone can give you proper advice is with a clear photo.

It could be perfectly normal, but can't tell from just words.

Photo also makes it easier to monitor the progress if it's spreading fast.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote