Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #1 
SpeakNow13

GRRRRRR WAL MART! Two bettas in one cup!

Looked at wal marts bettas and saw two females in one cup together! The water was filthy, one was flaring and the other was trying to get away! My boyfriend wasn't happy about it but let me buy them. I brought them home and they're now separate and relaxing. How are they allowed to sell living things I will NEVER understand. That and then they would have been left alone in that cup together all day Christmas if I didn't get them! Poor babies! Sorry for the rant. I hope you and all of your fishys have a lovely Christmas!
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #2 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakNow13 View Post
Looked at wal marts bettas and saw two females in one cup together! The water was filthy, one was flaring and the other was trying to get away! My boyfriend wasn't happy about it but let me buy them. I brought them home and they're now separate and relaxing. How are they allowed to sell living things I will NEVER understand. That and then they would have been left alone in that cup together all day Christmas if I didn't get them! Poor babies! Sorry for the rant. I hope you and all of your fishys have a lovely Christmas!
Did you leave them in one cup and pay one price?
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #3 
SpeakNow13

I was going to but alas when the self checkout asked me for a quantity I pressed two.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #4 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakNow13 View Post
I was going to but alas when the self checkout asked me for a quantity I pressed two.
how did you self-check the betta cup with the barcode on the top? did you have to turn it upside down?
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #5 
SpeakNow13

No there is a 5 digit code you can type in on the lid.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #6 
hannah16

Your walmart still has self check?! I'm jealous. I miss that.

And if it's self check I totally wouldn't have pressed two >.<... It's their neglect not yours.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #7 
MSG

You honestly think Walmart did that on purpose?

It was probably a bunch of "children" who's parent's let them run WILD in the store. Since there's usually no one around the pet department, one the little Einsteins probably thought it would brilliant & hilarious to put two of these FIGHTING fish together.

A few years ago I walked into a PETCO & found 2 m-bettas in a similar situation. These fish were fighting for probably several hours & had virtually no fins remaining. I brought the container over to a daydreaming employee so they were aware and asked them if I could have them, but they refused to SELL/give them away in that condition.

Back then I could have cared less about bettas. Anyway I had dinner plans with friends in the area, so I left. It would be interesting to see if I could have saved one of two, probably wouldn't have been able to do much though. At that period in time, I never had any experience treating fish with such badly damaged fins.

C'est la vie
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #8 
sainthogan

Someone on this forum said that they caught some teenage boys trying to dump the Bettas into other cups, so it's more likely that's what happened and wal-mart didn't do it.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #9 
SpeakNow13

I thought that as well. Or it was some stupid employee who doesnt think that females will fight. I looked around everywhere for a cup to seperate them but then found it easier just to buy them. If I didnt im sure they would have sat there together all day long on christmas while nobody was in the store Oh well. At least they're happy now and both such pretty fishies! Now I need names!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #10 
hannah16

Post pics and I'll suggest some =]!