Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #121 
Sparrowhawk

Phew, he still comes right over to Mummy when she waves at him, and still loves Daddy. He doesn't hate us! I thought he would lose all trust in us after that debacle. My poor baby!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #122 
Sparrowhawk

...And the NLS pellets still haven't arrived. This is ridiculous. I'm sick and tired of feeling guilty for feeding Hikari pellets to them, when the package was meant to get here weeks ago.

Weehawk has perked up, and is almost back to his normal self after the awful fright we all had last night. Boyfriend is still apologising, and I'm still fussing over Weehawk like the protective mum I apparently am.

On the bright side, only one more sleep to go until tank overhauls start. We're doing the empty one first, so there's not so much pressure to get it done quickly while we figure out the quickest and easiest way to do things, then the next day we'll do Feyd's, and leave Weehawk for last so he can have some quiet time to recover from last night before the poor thing gets uprooted again for his tank to be redone.

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot... Since Falkor can't have any live plants in his tank due to his tail-biting and thus his heightened risk of needing to be medicated, and I don't particularly like the silk plants that attempt (and fail) to look natural, we're going to go for a silly, bright look for his tank. Maybe get some gravel in crazy colours, some outlandish looking plants, and a silly decoration. This isn't going to happen until his tail grows back, and we find out if he has bitten it because he just prefers next to nothing in his tank. I thought of this yesterday when I finally realised that he didn't bite until I gave him his jungle. And here I was thinking I was doing him good! We'll find out if that's the case likely late this month, and then plans can get underway for making his home prettier as well.

Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 02-06-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #123 
LittleBettaFish

Haha I used to panic when my fish leapt out of their tanks. Now it is just annoying. Especially when they flop somewhere that I can't see and I have to go poking around under shelves with my torch.

You sound like a very dedicated betta mother. Who did you order the NLS food from? Hopefully not Aquarium Products Wholesale as they always take forever.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #124 
Sparrowhawk

Ordered from Fish World... And wow, just thought to check the delivery status of the order, and apparently they delivered it to a completely different location. WOW. Gonna have to order again and make a complaint... YAY.

And thank you! I do the best I can for my little buddies. XD I guess with fish that are likely to jump after a while you get used to it, and I'm still brand new-ish!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #125 
LittleBettaFish

Age of Aquariums sells NLS food and it is a flat rate of $7.50 for nearly all of their products no matter what you order. Tech Den is also a good site and has excellent customer service. Guy sent me the wrong product once, sent me a new one completely free of charge and was in contact within hours of me notifying him. This was for only an $8 product as well.

Tech Den sells New Era food which is also supposed to be good.

I once ordered some fish from Fish World and it took about a week or so before they said that my fish weren't actually in stock and my money was refunded. I think they were still advertising the fish on their site and there was nothing to say they weren't in stock.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #126 
Sparrowhawk

Oh, sweeet. Might order from Age of Aquariums! I'm just on The Aquarium Shop at the moment having a squiz, but I might go with one of your recommendations instead. Sounds like Fish World isn't that great... Took 'em long enough to just notify me that the product wasn't in stock and it'd be sent within two weeks, and then to have it sent to the wrong location... Yeah, nah.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #127 
LittleBettaFish

I think I've used nearly every online store and Age of Aquariums and Tech Den for things like equipment, food etc. are probably the best price and service wise. Guppy's Aquarium Products is pretty good with prices and range but the service can sometimes be a bit iffy (I know people have had problems from another forum). Aquarium Supermarket is also another good site. They used to give me free food and stuff with my orders when I used them.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #128 
Sparrowhawk

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations! Saves me a load of hassle in the future!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #129 
LittleBettaFish

No problems. Us Melbournians have to stick together haha.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #130 
AyalaCookiejar

Wow, if they sent your package to the wrong place, I'd definitely look for a refund. That would make me mad! I remember one time Petco gave me the wrong tracking information and I thought my package was being sent to a different state.

I can't wait to see the new tank set ups :) do you know if any of those sites sell VitaChem? It could help with Falkors tail.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote