Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #141 
Sparrowhawk

So the two boys in their planted tanks are settled right in to their new environments.

Weehawk is always busy exploring the many things he can now swim through, or resting on leaves or moss. It's adorable! He also seems somewhat confused by the sponge filter and the bubbles shooting up through it. I put it in his favourite corner (how horrible of me!) in the hopes it'd coax him to utilise the rest of the space available to him, and while he's certainly doing that, he's also investigating the filter from time to time, swimming around the lift tube, and sometimes just stopping nearby until the current pulls him closer, then he'll swim away a couple of inches, rinse and repeat. I'm not too sure what that means, whether he's enjoying the new strange thing, or if he hates it! Eep!

Feyd's the same, really enjoying how much more stuff he's got to explore and hide in, but his favourite spot is now the filter. He's been all weird, just hanging around it, letting himself get pulled onto the sponge, then pulling himself off it and repeating. At first I worried that he couldn't help but get pulled onto it, but when I realised that there was absolutely nothing stopping him from doing anything else he wanted to do (sometimes he'll feel like going and doing other stuff, and has no difficulty doing just that) I figured it's just a new interesting thing he couldn't do before?

I wonder, are my assumptions correct? That they're thoroughly enjoying themselves? They don't seem distressed in any way, and have most of the rest of the tank where there is no current... There is slight surface agitation, but no current, so to speak...
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #142 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah, they usually get curious about new surroundings. Nothing to worry about. It sounds like they are having some fun :) my boys always swim around the siphon when I clean and check it out, even my blind boy. He seems to have fun checking out the filter outflow where there is a tiny bit of surface movement, and DaBaDee explores new things but it seems like he takes longer to warm up to them. As long as they are swimming around and checking it all out, I think its fine and 100% normal. They are such curious creatures :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #143 
Sparrowhawk

Well that's good. XD

Feyd's gone all perky since the overhaul. I think he was a bit glum before it happened, there wasn't nearly as much excitement. He did have a tunnel/hidey-hole, a few floating plants, a couple of potted plants, silk plants and stuff, but I think this filter has really got him excited, haha! Possibly the densely planted area right behind the big wood structure is doing him wonders as well, he seems to like that a lot too.

Weehawk's just his usual happy-go-lucky self, but with new stuff, hehe. He's always been pretty "Yeah, whatever, I'm cool -- SHINEY!!" with everything but red things, heh.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #144 
Sparrowhawk

So angry right now. I don't take well to people using the b-word in relation to me, especially when I definitely don't deserve it. Didn't want to play another LoL match with the guys, so one of them decides it's appropriate to call me that... Because I don't want to play a freakin' game?! Even if the moron was high like he was last night, still doesn't excuse that kind of language to someone who you call a friend, though getting high kinda does make him a complete idiot.

I honestly don't understand how smoking that crap and annoying your friends while they're trying to have a laugh and have some fun on a game is okay.

The fact that my boyfriend didn't even come to my defense and tell the guy off for using the b-word in relation to me just makes me even more PO'd. It's just sending the message that using that kind of language is just fine, because, y'know, the guys are going to use him as an example for what to treat me like, because I'm female. As if that makes a difference when it comes to my gameplay, my value as a friend or a person.

Just... UGH.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #145 
AyalaCookiejar

I think the whole of the LoL community is like that. Ignorant and completely unaware that anything else but the game even exists. There are way too many trolls and idiots there with way too little brain cells.

Edit: well not EVERYONE is like that but, I'm sure you know what I mean :p
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 AM   #146 
Sparrowhawk

Touche. The LoL community really is overpopulated with idiots. Not everyone's like that, but a vast majority is. It's a pity that almost every single MOBA game ever has an awful community (apparently LoL's one of the nicer ones!) because the games themselves are pretty awesome.

I guess you just expect different behaviour when you're gaming with people you know IRL, and didn't meet through the game. I went to high school with half the guys I play with, and the other half are friends of theirs, or went to the same school but were in different year levels, so having known them from way back, I did expect better. But I gotta say, stoner gamers are the worst trolls, no matter where I know them from... Grr.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #147 
AyalaCookiejar

I think that's just what competition does to a lot of people. They don't want to play if they don't win because, you know, winning is everything and its always someone else's fault if you lose. Har har. I don't doubt that every game gets like that when you put it online. Some are more competitive than others, so some communities suck more than others. I can rarely stand to play without muting half the other players. They are downright rude and have their heads way too far up their you-know-whats. I could never play a game solely to win because I just suck too much at video games, lolololol.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #148 
Sparrowhawk

Mmm. I do admit I rage a little sometimes, but it's mostly when people are being rude, or plain stupid that I get upset. I mean, there's a difference between having a bad game, feeding a bit and sucking simply because you're having a bad game, and walking directly into turret fire and an entire team saying "don't worry, I got this". Two toooootally different things. :P

Awesome thing just happened though: Bought VitaChem! And some fancy purple gravel for Falkor's tank, and a quieter air pump, and air control valves... Okay, so I went a little nuts. But the retail therapy-oriented section of my brain has been made happy. Muahahaha!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #149 
Sparrowhawk

Well, I think by showing him how much fun it is and how well they turned out, I've converted my boyfriend to a planted tank lover. He is now so enthusiastic that he says he'd like to get a new tank when we have the space and money. We've decided on a rather ambitious project for that time: we're going to attempt to create something that looks like a forest, and create little bridges between trees, like on Endor in Star Wars, and have only a shrimp colony in it, and they can be our Ewoks, hehe! How exciting! Of course it'll be quite some time until we can afford it, much less find the space for it, but it's still very exciting. XD
Old 02-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #150 
LittleBettaFish

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...25987802_n.jpg

You mean like this? Hahah

This was a scape from the store I go to. It grew in really nice and was sad when the owner tore it down. But the scape he replaced it with is awesome (paludarium with splashing tetra).
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote