Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #11 
Sparrowhawk

Just lowered the water level by half, he's already gone to the surface and was sitting there for a bit, and now seems to be moving about a little more, though for how long I'm not sure. It's still great that he got moving, if only for a little while. Thank you LebronTheBetta for that tip.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

No problem, it's great he's getting a little bit better. You might want to start raising the water by 1/4 after a few days so he can get stronger.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #13 
callistra

How did you acclimate him? He may be a little shocked from the water change. Also how quickly did you warm him up from room temp?

I would try a different pellet too. Hikari are good for mixing up medicated feed because there's so much wheat in them they soak/swell a lot - which is not so great if you're just feeding normally. I would choose NLS Betta and feed 5-8 split into two to three meals or Omega One where most fish do good around 3-4 a day split up. One day a week of fast is needed. Freeze dried blood worms are okay once a week as a treat but make sure to soak them thoroughly before feeding because they are also very dry.

The garlic in the NLS may entice him to eat as well.

It really sounds like you're doing a good job.. hope he turns around.

Last edited by callistra; 12-26-2012 at 12:21 AM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #14 
Sparrowhawk

I spent the entire evening acclimating him, and turning up the temperature. I hope it wasn't too quick.

I went shopping in a mad rush today, fetched a 3gal tank for Feyd (the red guy who seems to be doing just fine) a heater for each of them (I like to have a spare to fix any differences in water in my water change buckets if I don't get it spot-on) and some cute tunnels, along with a couple of plants for Feyd.

Weehawk (what I've named the little one who's having problems) is still sitting at the bottom of the tank, but I'm sure I've done all I can for him for the moment, having fetched all the supplies, except the food you mentioned (the local pet store here is atrocious, I need to make a trip to my favourite fish store soon).

Thank you all very much for your help, I hope with your advice I can nurse poor Weehawk back to health.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #15 
Sparrowhawk

Just a little update on little Weehawk, he is doing worlds better than yesterday morning! He's exploring everything, swimming freely, though he's not yet quite as active as my other two boys. Well on the way to recovery!

I ordered NLS pellets online last night, so they'll all be getting some better noms in a couple of weeks when the food arrives.

Just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread for their help in getting the little man healthy.

<3
Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #16 
LittleBlueFishlets

Yay! Glad to hear he's doing better!
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote